There are no fuel plates OP. Only P pumped 12v engines have fuel plates. Yours is not mechanical injected. Its a 24v common rail. A pressure box, chip, or programmer are the only routes without getting into major engine components. As oldsoundguy said nothing about upgrading a diesel is cheap.

Im no professional in the world of automotive diesel, but I am an engineer diesel mechanic on ships. I also own an 06 dodge cummins cranking a lil over 500hp, sinister 125 sticks, s&b Intake 4" straight pipe exhaust, Super bee turbo, fass fuel system, bag o parts cp3 upgrade, and smarty so6 pod set to sw9. Triple disc tq converter, billet input and output shafts and VB.

well i correct my self what is cheap w/o having to do engine/tranny upgrades also. the cat delete will be done and he is interested in the programmer. what is the best for the least amount of franks

Cut the muffler & cat out and straight pipe it.

You can build your own intake out of aluminum and a 4" clamp on filter, dont cheap out on filter becuase dirt dust will kill the engine. If you want to buy one then S&B make a great intake for a very low price.

A tuner will give you the HP but at risk of the stock tranny 47re in your case. They're also quite pricey for a reputable brand. Id recommend gauges, dont add HP but are more needed and functional than just about any other upgrade. Boost, Pyro (egt gauge), fuel rail pressure, and tranny temp.

1- muffler cat delete straight pipe

2- intake, homemade or bought

3- tuner and or gauges.

If you google BHAF for cummins it will pull up a bunch of how to for a homemade air filter called the Big Honkin Air Filter.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Cut the muffler & cat out and straight pipe it.

You can build your own intake out of aluminum and a 4" clamp on filter, dont cheap out on filter becuase dirt dust will kill the engine. If you want to buy one then S&B make a great intake for a very low price.

A tuner will give you the HP but at risk of the stock tranny 47re in your case. They're also quite pricey for a reputable brand. Id recommend gauges, dont add HP but are more needed and functional than just about any other upgrade. Boost, Pyro (egt gauge), fuel rail pressure, and tranny temp.

1- muffler cat delete straight pipe

2- intake, homemade or bought

3- tuner and or gauges.

If you google BHAF for cummins it will pull up a bunch of how to for a homemade air filter called the Big Honkin Air Filter.

thanx i'll def tell him to do the intake and exhaust. ill talk to him bout the tuner.

• 2 weeks later...

PROPANE

Its not worth the headache, after a DOT approved tank and the cost per gallon of propane its effectiveness is outweighed by its price and inconvenience. Also it doesnt add HP just extends fuel mileage and helps with egt control.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Archived