Full exhaust, meaning straightpipe after the turbo back. Do a DIY intake, I think it's a 5 inch intake tube. Then you could do a set of electric fans, but for the cost of fans a decent tuner would be more beneficial. Something like an Edge level 3.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

remove/slide fuel plate.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

remove/slide fuel plate.

Just make sure you have a flat board handy to plug up the intake to stop the engine from 'runaway' if you put too much fuel in.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

remove/slide fuel plate.

Just make sure you have a flat board handy to plug up the intake to stop the engine from 'runaway' if you put too much fuel in.

Its a 24v no fuel plate. Only on the 12v p-pumped cummins has fuel plates.

Op straight pipe, intake, programmer and gauges are your best bang for buck upgrades. Stock cummins exhaust is 4" cut the cat and muffler out weld in straight pipe, 4" is good for 600 or close HP. Gauges dont add hp but you want to keep an eye on bosst psi, EGTs, trans temp, and fuel pressure. I went with edge cts insights digital. One box does it all for half the price and its well worth the money. Do you have auto or manual transmission?

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

remove/slide fuel plate.

Its a 24v no fuel plate. Only on the 12v p-pumped cummins has fuel plates.

Op straight pipe, intake, programmer and gauges are your best bang for buck upgrades. Stock cummins exhaust is 4" cut the cat and muffler out weld in straight pipe, 4" is good for 600 or close HP. Gauges dont add hp but you want to keep an eye on bosst psi, EGTs, trans temp, and fuel pressure. I went with edge cts insights digital. One box does it all for half the price and its well worth the money. Do you have auto or manual transmission?

its my buds truck and its a auto also bout fuel plates i kinda understand them. im just a noob to them

I had a 99 2500 with auto. I had a smarty box programmer and burned up my TQ pretty quick with having an auto. I replaced the stock trans with a billiet TC and a valve body upgrade. Put in a set of 75hp injectors and a K&N filter. It ran awesome after the upgrades. I got usually a low of 17mpg and a high of 21 with the auto. Ran very well.

I traded it in on the 99 Toyota Tacoma I have now because I got tired of putting 140 bucks a week in for fuel. BTW nothing in upgrading a diesel is cheap....

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

There are no fuel plates OP. Only P pumped 12v engines have fuel plates. Yours is not mechanical injected. Its a 24v common rail. A pressure box, chip, or programmer are the only routes without getting into major engine components. As oldsoundguy said nothing about upgrading a diesel is cheap.

Im no professional in the world of automotive diesel, but I am an engineer diesel mechanic on ships. I also own an 06 dodge cummins cranking a lil over 500hp, sinister 125 sticks, s&b Intake 4" straight pipe exhaust, Super bee turbo, fass fuel system, bag o parts cp3 upgrade, and smarty so6 pod set to sw9. Triple disc tq converter, billet input and output shafts and VB.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Archived