Sundown Audio

Alpine PDX amp's

Impalalpine

Nothing wrong with Pioneer man they make good equipment IMO... But I doubt the Pioneer has the protection circuitry that a PDX has. It will back off volume and not shut down for low voltage and/or thermal overload. Plus quick disconnect wiring harness. There is more to it than just an overpriced full range Class D

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I had two of those amps, well two of the older PDX amps. they are great, never had a problem. I did switch to the JL hd600/4 because it had a higher noise floor. 110db vs the PDX 94db. I had a little more static than I liked in my current setup and the JL helped. although I didn't remember static being a problem before... *shrug*

pdx or jl hd, I love not having to worry about ohm load. I can buy any speaker I want and always know I'll have 150w for it. probably saved me a lot of money over the years.

You are right about that the PDX amps will reveal any imperfections in your setup that's for sure and in the manual it states you have to space your power wires at least 2 inches apart (or something like that not sure of the exact distance) from your signal wires. They are very sensitive to noise pickup. Once I bypassed the factory ground in my wiring harness for my H/U and EQ I was blown away by the clarity dead silence...

my rca and power wires are 3-4 feet apart lol. I did everything to clean up the noise and nothing changed it until I swapped the amp. I still like the PDX, I've had that amp for... 5 years, damn time flies, and I don't have plans to sell it. I was just pointing out its only flaw.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Screw that, for that price you can get 3 pioneer GM-D 8604. And they have great specs to. I love the shit out of mine.

I got mine used in mint condition for 200 bones I aint rich but I aint stupid either ;)

LOL. well considering most of the guys here go nuts for pioneer head units, because of how clean they are. It amazes more haven;t tried their amps. Hell the 8604 is on sale for $135, and i wouldn't call that stupid for a 4 Chanel class D amp. To each his own.

we dont buy pioneers because they are clean. pioneer has always offered a lot of great features for a great price. alpine HUs have better SQ.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Nothing wrong with Pioneer man they make good equipment IMO... But I doubt the Pioneer has the protection circuitry that a PDX has. It will back off volume and not shut down for low voltage and/or thermal overload. Plus quick disconnect wiring harness. There is more to it than just an overpriced full range Class D

Well the pioneer does exactly what you think it wont. Plus it loves a 2 ohm load with no problem. And from what i have read about the PDX it doesn't like a 2 ohm load. What i was mainly trying to get across was dollar for dollar the pioneer was an over all better value. But to each his own preference. I still choose the pioneer for $400 less and is a great amp. peace out.

truthsayer

Screw that, for that price you can get 3 pioneer GM-D 8604. And they have great specs to. I love the shit out of mine.

I got mine used in mint condition for 200 bones I aint rich but I aint stupid either ;)

LOL. well considering most of the guys here go nuts for pioneer head units, because of how clean they are. It amazes more haven;t tried their amps. Hell the 8604 is on sale for $135, and i wouldn't call that stupid for a 4 Chanel class D amp. To each his own.

we dont buy pioneers because they are clean. pioneer has always offered a lot of great features for a great price. alpine HUs have better SQ.

What's up skittles had seen you post in a while. I agree alpine hu has a better SQ than pioneer hu. How ever neither holds a torch to Clarion SQ.

truthsayer

Well the pioneer does exactly what you think it wont. Plus it loves a 2 ohm load with no problem. And from what i have read about the PDX it doesn't like a 2 ohm load. What i was mainly trying to get across was dollar for dollar the pioneer was an over all better value. But to each his own preference. I still choose the pioneer for $400 less and is a great amp. peace out.

the pdx definitely doesnt have a problem with 2ohm.

What's up skittles had seen you post in a while. I agree alpine hu has a better SQ than pioneer hu. How ever neither holds a torch to Clarion SQ.

yeah, I only jump on here when im bored these days.

I'm not sure that I've seen any SQ cars with clarion HUs.

I just purchased a PDX V9, should be here Wednesday. I have the alpine 8 already. I'll have so much more room again, with about 50lbs cut too. I'm eyeballing the Alpine 149bt as well. I'm not even trying to get one brand, but with the prices I got them for, the small enclosure for the sub, and I need a new headunit with A2DP streaming with 1-9 preset buttons with a display that can be seen in the sunlight, Alpine is my obvious choice. Or the Sony headunit, but Alpine should sound cleaner, I had a CDA 117 so I'll stick with Alpine again.

I was also going to purchase the app radio 3, but that only comes with 4 rca channels. I need 6.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Archived