06 Infinity QX56 C-Pillar 4 18" Crossfire xs-spl-v2 new videos coming

how much have you put into your build so far??

Thats fucked up. Don't make the man break down in tears :D

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Um lots? I have no clue been building it up over the last year or two. She was not cheap I can tell you that.

Thats fucked up. Don't make the man break down in tears :D

No shit we dont like to think of how much we spend on this addiction... LMAO

• 2 weeks later...

Ok it is update time once again. This weekend got the new recones and got them done and in the QX. I also got a DC 175.4 to add to the mids/highs and give me some more voice, not sure if it will be enough as I have not taken the subs to full tilt yet. Going to wait until this weekend to hit them hard trying to get the bastards to loosen up before then.

Now on to the issues I have since ran into, I am and have been wired down to .5 nominal and never had an issue until now. With the new recones being stiff as morning wood they dont move much and with windows up my amp has been going into protect as impedance rise it not getting me over 1 ohm.... It happens during a few songs but not all I am trying to figure out the frequency but most of all just trying to loosen them up. this morning I went for a small ride and left windows up did not have any protects, I was able to put in a couple hours play time yesterday. What I am doing is high volume and no bassknob everything was set with DD-1 so I am staying under distortion with all settings on high. They are pretty damn loud and sound great they don't move much so they don't have alot of feel to the bass yet but I can already feel a difference in that as I play them.

The recones I decided to go with are DC audio XLm2 with AR cones with the back resin, wide roll surrounds, direct leads, and kevlar dust caps. I will say this they are absolutely beautiful. The blue/black kevlar also matches the color scheme so I like it alot. Witht the new additions I have a feeling when everything gets broken in I am going to be louder and sound even better than before.

Here are the new pics of the QX

Subs

subs.jpg

Power Plant

back.jpg

Carlyle is the next show it is this coming weekend hope to have them loose enough to not protect on any song but will probably just demo windows open to add to the chance of that not happening.

I decided to put some fan in the back those 175.4's run pretty hot need some circulation. Got the board cut to fit just need holes and wire up the fans using 3 120's that put 96 cfm each out should do just fine. Found a temp way to get this done quick and easy so going that route wont have it wrapped before the show, left my wrapping stuff over at Carbon's building his wall. Will get some pics up once I get the fans in!

Also went for a ride been trying to drive and break them in. They are getting loud and the lows are nice! Turned up the bass knob 1mm and was almost as loud as before this is going to get nasty.

Still need to wrap the fan board but it fits perfectly and works really well. The DC 175.4 gets warm but not hot and does not heat up the crossfire! WIN!

Will get some videos up of the new stuff before the weekend and for sure get a few from the show!

Here is a pic20140507_165045.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Finally found the problems that were causing my protects and believe I have them all fixed. Had a brand new recone coil all messed up took it out and sending it in now, that was not the whole problem....

I also added a 3sixty.2 and the sound is so much cleaner and mids/highs sound wonderful just sitting at flat not really getting into the adjustments yet besides the x overs and levels. I am very impressed with how it made my lows sound so much better from the looks of it my factory stereo was my lows issue in order to be flat everything under 50 hz was taken almost to the top of the eq.

Anyways sending the bad coil in today and so maybe in a few weeks will have all 4 subs playing. There is a show this weekend and so got some cleaning up to do from all this testing and changing stuff out to get ready for it. Still pretty loud for only 3 subs. I also got a new decal for my back window that is 100x better than the printed carbon fiber one I had.

The decal is 2 Layers the back layer is blue reflective with the forward layer carbon fiber.

20140527_090056.jpg

ab449f21-b576-4852-b1fb-93d184287510.jpg

Archived