Project............civicduty

well you live and learn.... now i know stock b16 is only good for about 8psi..... i wanted to build it anyways it just wont be on the road til i can save up some fundage for forged pistons...FTW

a stock d series has the potential to handle 10lbs with stock internals you just have to make sure you engine management is spot on. i am deff tuned to to part 2 though. good luck

----reference's----

meade916

• 4 weeks later...

well part 2 is gonna be under way pretty soon.... i have my arp head studs cometic head gasket .... new turbo..... and i should have the fundage for the JE 9:1 pistons and eagle h beam rods by the end of the week...... i'll be throwin a set of acl rod and main bearings in there as well...... wish me luck

Civic1.jpg

only a fool judges his life by what he sees in other peoples eyes

Goodluck :blush:

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I hate to say it, but not running a BOV did not cause that. What all of you turbo "geniuses" don't realize is that cars did not come with a BOV for years and they never had issues, many of them put on well over 100k on the factory turbo. I myself don't run one and I have never had any problems related to that. Not running a BOV will not cause piston ring lands to pop off, that is from either too much boost or detonation (AKA too lean or too much timing); metal shavings will not cause that.

Now yes, his turbo is bad, but it went bad too fast to be related to compressor surge. Keep in mind, he put roughly 10-15 miles on it and it was bad. There has to be a separate issue with it.

• 3 weeks later...

i have everything but my pistons...yeah ..... i orderd em last week and they should be here tuesday or wedsnday......

i went with 9.0:1 JE turbo pistons the proseal ring set... eagle H-beam rods... cometic head gasket ... ARP head bolts... ACL race rod and main bearings.... i'm going 20 over to clean up the bore...... i'm planning on running 12-14 psi whatever my little T25 is good to

Posted Image

this is how i'm sitting right now.... a little empty

Posted Image

Posted Image

Civic1.jpg

only a fool judges his life by what he sees in other peoples eyes

me too..... it's starting to get to exspensive to blow shit up......LOL

lol.......everything is espensive nowadays bro........evertthing

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

Archived