Project............civicduty

sorry dude but for your first post your WRONG and retarded. without a BOV a car would put out roughly 1000 Psi if they are running anthing more the 12 lbs from the get go. i know this for a fact because no BOV ruined my 84 RX7. i thought the same thing. i did a "j"port and a t66 with no BOV and it spike on my first run and the motor expolded. no BOV means it can not vent when you shift or get off the gas. now if you barely get into boost al the time you will be good. but for a ddddddailt driven car you MUST have a BOV.

Sorry it's taking me so long to reply, I don't get a chance to check this forum much. I'm sorry, but you have no clue what you're talking about. A blow off valve has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of boost you're running, you're thinking of a wastegate; it's a common misconception. Not running a BOV will NOT shorten the life of an engine, if anything it will shorten the life of the turbo. The only thing a BOV does is vent pressure between the turbo and the throttle body when it sees vacuum (ie when you let off the throttle), not control your boost level. Now a vehicle without a blow off valve still ends up with a bunch of pressure between the turbo and the throttle body, the easiest place for it to go is back through the compressor of the turbo, slowing the wheel down and "possibly" spinning the turbo backwards. You should really do a little homework and learn what you're talking about. I'm not lieing about some factory cars not coming with one ;)

btw-turbos have a natural limit to how much boost they can run, and a t66 on a 13b won't do 1000 psi, and if your pressure got that high you would pop a coupler immediately and it wouldn't even make it to the engine.

and Dustin says.................beeeeeeotch,,,,meh pimphand be strong........... :D:Dhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mega_shok.gif http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mega_shok.gif :lol::lol::rofl::vava::vava::pardon::hi:

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

• 3 weeks later...

well i made 267 WHP on 15 psi today on the dyno..... thats about what we figured that little turbo could handle ...... so next step is a .50 trim and a external gate :drinks: i want to be at the 300 WHP mark

Civic1.jpg

only a fool judges his life by what he sees in other peoples eyes

i'll post some vids sometime this week ..... one of my salesman used my camera and left it on the counter and a customer felt like they needed it more then i did ...... i orderd a new one and as soon as it's here i'll post that ish ...... or if timmy would ever come down to the shop i could use his :search:

Civic1.jpg

i snaped a couple pics with my phone

Posted Image

i got a skunk intake mani

Posted Image

i painted the valve cover too

Posted Image

my greddy BOV

Posted Image

and my baby turbo..... my t28 seals were going bad so this is a td05h off a first gen dsm

Civic1.jpg

looks good man... im sure a .50 trim will get you to the 300 mark. i dont know if this was asked already, but have you considered a recirc on the bov? get another t28 in there :D :D

Wasted, Incorporated

Up Front: Optima Yellowtop

HU:Pioneer Avic N1 w/ 2007 upgrade

Front Stage: MB Quart 6.5 comps

Rear Fill: Infinity Reference

Sub Stage: RE MT 18

Sub Amp: Undecided

Sub Enclosure: 5.5 cubes tuned to 33hz

Absolute Terminals

SkyTec 5100RS 2-Way LCD Pager

KnuKonceptz Wire

My Build Log