custom door panel ideas

deadbroke

hoping I can get some feedback. i'd like to do some fiberglass on my doors and was trying to fit 2 6.5s and 2 tweets in each front door well I want to go bigger and thought about 3 but at 2 ohms each I don't see how I could wire those up off one channel so maybe 4 would be better. but 4 of these 6.5s in a door seems like a ton maybe i'm just more impressed by the output of these mids.

I am planning on a rf 3sixty.3 with 2 channels front left (mids, tweeters), 2 front right (mids, tweeters), 1 left rear component set, 1 right rear component set, and 1 for the subs. so with that in mind it might be difficult to add an odd number due to wiring issues and to interchange a 6.5 with an 8 without being able to tune the 8 separately. shoot me some ideas fellas.

ideas would affect my amp choice for mids and highs but I was thinking about t800 or t1000 constant power for each side since I am using separate amps for left and right channels

Does this need to keep up with some crazy sub stage or do you just want insane doors?

I'd go for 2 sets per door unless you really need the extra speakers, cause fitting 4 in a door will be a lot harder. Also if you did 4 sets you probably wouldn't want 4 tweeters per door that'd just be nasty.

Another idea is have no rear speakers and instead use the spare channels on the 360 for dedicated midbass

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

you could have like 2 6.5"s per door crossed high and have an 8" in each door to to handle the midbass and then like 1 or 2 tweeters in the pillars/doors. Depends what your budget is though. if you can afford more then may as well get more. I used 4 DD w6.5s for midbass in my last build and that was amazing, had 1 set of 6.5" DD components too but the midrange wasn't loud enough to keep up with the subs so i got some dome mids. Never got aroubnd to installing them though. Putting all this stuff in another car though now except for the subs. small car so only like a 9510 if I can get hold of one. Powerfuldoors sound so sweet though.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Thats alott of speakers..if you want to run a bunch of speakers you could get 8ohm speakers and wire them in parallel to make 2 ohms.but thats difficult .I think maybe yo shoule do 2 mids and 2 tweets in each door and maybe throw in some 8" subs for midbass in the kickpanels..post pics man .I wanna see how this build turns out..but keep in mind the electrical..level 6s take alotta power..need a good alternator or 2 and a couple really good batteries.

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

• 5 months later...

so I got some downtime and finished my project figure I would post here. I wish I would have found more advice on doing this fiberglass door project but I like how it turned out and the only thing that would have changed is how quickly I could have finished but if someone see's this post is intimidated its not hard I can even give you some tips just drop a line. well on to the photos

2013-12-09140048.jpg

2013-12-09140038.jpg

2013-12-10172314.jpg

2013-12-10172325.jpg

2013-12-10172402.jpg

2013-12-11171820.jpg

2013-12-11171850.jpg

2013-12-18204919.jpg

2013-12-18204929.jpg

2013-12-18204943.jpg

2013-12-20155504.jpg

2013-12-20155510.jpg