4th order Trunk hair tricks on less then 2k.

The Zcon is like the Mayhem right? And the Evil is like the Team sub? SSA stuff confuses me because they have a few in between models and power ratings on subs

Think of an evil as being close to a crossfire XSv2.

Not really sure why Justins are getting hot on a 5500 though. I've had my 3" coil 12s on a 5k into clipping and they handle it all day. A team mate has some XSv2s running in the neighborhood of 5k per sub and his take the power pretty well

The Zcon is like the Mayhem right? And the Evil is like the Team sub? SSA stuff confuses me because they have a few in between models and power ratings on subs

Not really sure why Justins are getting hot on a 5500 though. I've had my 3" coil 12s on a 5k into clipping and they handle it all day. A team mate has some XSv2s running in the neighborhood of 5k per sub and his take the power pretty well

so what are we looking like on the z cons for a safe power range a 5k ?

5k would be a good starting point, at least IMO. I've found there is this weird.. I don't even know what to call it... Thermal curve.

When I say rated, read that as "rated." Not necessarily manufacturer ratings, but more results from real world. I've personally seen this type of thing in my own subs, friend's sundown X, sundown SA, Level 5, kicker comp(of all things).

Under rated power - Not too much to worry about. Don't play square waves and you are fine

At rated power - Pretty good. Clipping in music usually isn't much to worry about

Above rated - Can get stinky quick if you aren't careful. Need to be careful about clipping

Wayyyy above rated - clipping turns into a non issue. Unless you have a tiny tiny box or something, now your limit is mechanical. With a large amp dialed back so there's no clipping, you can actually feed a fair bit of power to them. Lots of mechanical movement = lots of cooling too.

I know that may seem a bit odd. Feel free to disagree, but it's something I've noticed

Cant believe I missed this!

Glad to see you like your new alt:)

/tuned in for dem lowz

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

5k would be a good starting point, at least IMO. I've found there is this weird.. I don't even know what to call it... Thermal curve.

When I say rated, read that as "rated." Not necessarily manufacturer ratings, but more results from real world. I've personally seen this type of thing in my own subs, friend's sundown X, sundown SA, Level 5, kicker comp(of all things).

Under rated power - Not too much to worry about. Don't play square waves and you are fine

At rated power - Pretty good. Clipping in music usually isn't much to worry about

Above rated - Can get stinky quick if you aren't careful. Need to be careful about clipping

Wayyyy above rated - clipping turns into a non issue. Unless you have a tiny tiny box or something, now your limit is mechanical. With a large amp dialed back so there's no clipping, you can actually feed a fair bit of power to them. Lots of mechanical movement = lots of cooling too.

I know that may seem a bit odd. Feel free to disagree, but it's something I've noticed

very interesting i wonder if there is science behind that, maybe who knows.

i believe this. when i first got my x 12s on the 3800.1 i turned it up just a bit so there were seeing maybe 2500 watts ( rated and i noticed they where smelly every now and then )

then i turned my amp up full power with a dd-1 and never got the smell agian.

and btw is your crossfire 600.4 ran active ? id to see your amp settings if so i got one laying around i may want to test

Yeah idk, he plays below tuning a lot so maybe that's why? They get really hot though lol

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived