Sundown Audio

How To Find Out Actual Amp Power

youd be lucky. As ive stated before i owned a planet audio bought authorized and it was one of the biggest regrets i have had to this day.

The dealer stuck behind the product all the way and when i blew it i had a new one coming my way with no hassles, i was just unhappy enough with it i wanted nothign to do with it after my gf blew it.

Yea i know planet and power are 2 diff companies but essentially its the same amp with a few small component changes so the companies say.

what i do is take the fuses and add them then times them buy 14.4..and you will have the output of the amp..i dont know if im correct but its like im very close to the amps ratings..try it!

Example:

my hk401sx has 3 40 amp fuses with adds up to 120 then times that by 14.4 which equals 1728..my amp is rated at 1800wrms at .5 ohm

Make sure to take into account the efficency bro...so times the end result by say.7 some amps will be more some less...also thats not that great of a way to rate an amp, but probably the best and closest when your dont havey any equipment or even say the amp, on hand

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg