Sundown Audio

user error?

MACnonsence6

perhaps. if i cant get the waranty ill open it and see ik its not an output transister like with the 1800 i had. because from my expeirence when those go they send a signal threw the subs almost like a hz test. but the fact i could smell burned parts makes me think this isnt the case

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Ap ftw. This is why you spend the money on quality gear

ah ha yes. lol was looking to get the audiotechnix 1200 for 200 on ebay but now they dont seem to have them :"(

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

You said the box was mounted to sub box. Box could have broke a solder joint loose. Not very good board in those amps. I never mount my amps to a sub box. Never have never will. I have never lost 1 amp in 32 years of car audio at all but I prefer to buy a quality amp also. They are designed and built a lot better then a lot of the cheaper brands. My motto buy good or buy twice.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

the one year from purchase would have been the 15th. so its starting to look like im shit out of luck not really sure what to do now. perhaps open it up and try and see what went wrong but from my experience that can be really really hard

I mount amps to boxes, depends how you do it. Rubbert mounting feet and tons of padding, bolted on and double nutted with some loctite. I don't have problems with my amp being mounted to my box.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

ah ha yes. lol was looking to get the audiotechnix 1200 for 200 on ebay but now they dont seem to have them :"(

I'm pretty sure he actually meant quality gear, which doesn't include audiotechnix.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I'm pretty sure he actually meant quality gear, which doesn't include audiotechnix.

Audiotechnix is no good, eh? You better check around before knock a brand. Audiotechnix is the old name for CT sounds.

an amp that cost 200 and does 1200 at 12v pretty sure thats a good amp and im pretty sure the ct sounds 1400 has been dynod and done more then rated clean

there not bad for the money, ive had my 2 for over 4 years no problems.

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
Northstar SMS AGM 400 in the back
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU
Dual 0ga runs from the alt to battery
Dual 0ga runs from battery to amp

Archived