oldsoundguy Posted November 17, 2013 Report Posted November 17, 2013 I am running a RE audio sex10d4 sub in a sound ord sealed box. I want a bit more out of it so I started looking at pre made ported boxes. I needed a box that had a max of 1.25 ft tuned to 34 hz. Its really hard to find a pre made box that is tuned to what you need. So I did my research and decided to make my own box. I went on RE audios website and they have a box building program. I punch in the info and came up with a simple L shape port box that was exactly what I needed. So for 30 bucks worth of 3/4 particle board I built my own. I just finished it up and got it in the truck and all I can say is WOW!!!!. That makes a huge difference. It sounds cleaner, louder and deeper. Now when the lows hit the truck vibrates. I think its time for some sound deadener to get rid of the vibrations that have now gotten worse now that's its hitting harder. LOL Its not a bad thing. 80prs Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier Incriminator IA 10.1 Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors) 4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash) DC Audio level 3 12" custom box designed by joex built by me AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear DC 180 alt 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 17, 2013 Report Posted November 17, 2013 Congratulations! Building your own speaker boxes can be a very rewarding hobby all by its self. Hopefully you will get future opportunities to do so. Do you have any pictures of your handiwork? Also did you use actual particle board or did you use MDF? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
oldsoundguy Posted November 17, 2013 Author Report Posted November 17, 2013 Congratulations! Building your own speaker boxes can be a very rewarding hobby all by its self. Hopefully you will get future opportunities to do so. Do you have any pictures of your handiwork? Also did you use actual particle board or did you use MDF? MDF 80prs Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier Incriminator IA 10.1 Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors) 4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash) DC Audio level 3 12" custom box designed by joex built by me AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear DC 180 alt 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/
Jessica Posted November 17, 2013 Report Posted November 17, 2013 nice work, clean cuts, looks good man. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
g2shuck Posted November 17, 2013 Report Posted November 17, 2013 out of curiosity what is the black stuff you put on the joints? I assume it is some sort of sealer? 2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk Sky High OFC Wiring DC Power 270 XP Alt AQ 2200 Sub Amp Two DC Level 4 m2 12s 80 Mil Murdetmat Gathering Parts For Wall Build. Team DC Audio 2014 Member
oldsoundguy Posted November 17, 2013 Author Report Posted November 17, 2013 out of curiosity what is the black stuff you put on the joints? I assume it is some sort of sealer? I drilled and counter sunk every screw and used THE RIGHT STUFF which is an auto sealant gasket maker, I put it on every joint to seal the box before I screwed it together. What you see is what oozed out. 80prs Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier Incriminator IA 10.1 Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors) 4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash) DC Audio level 3 12" custom box designed by joex built by me AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear DC 180 alt 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 17, 2013 Report Posted November 17, 2013 MDF Awesome! I was a little concerned when you said particle board, that stuff isn't the best material for making boxes out of. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Soccerballzs Posted November 18, 2013 Report Posted November 18, 2013 Looks good. Titebond makes heavy duty wood glue. I buy it by the gallon. Keep it up! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
oldsoundguy Posted November 18, 2013 Author Report Posted November 18, 2013 Just a quick update. The box sounds amazing. I cant believe how much better this makes the sub sound. Lots louder, cleaner and you can sure feel it a lot more. Love it. 80prs Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier Incriminator IA 10.1 Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors) 4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash) DC Audio level 3 12" custom box designed by joex built by me AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear DC 180 alt 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.