cleaning cigarette gunk?

First off, I don't smoke but I lived with a chain smoker for a couple of years. I did attempt to clean it before but there is only so much that can be done while still assembled.

My rad and my gpus are cloggedwith that crap. I'm not sure of the best way to clean it out. Also any shroud removal tips for an EVGA GTX 560Ti will help (none of the guides I found match mine)

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

Nvm on the gpu disassembly, figured it out. I didn't want to have to unseat the heatsink, but I have to in order to get to the shroud screws. Idk if I have enough TIM left for the CPU and both GPUs

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

99.9 percent rubbing alcohol is your best bet.

The stuff evaporates very quickly when wiped on an item, it will cut through smoke like a champ. Even hardened thermal paste, and also what is the best thing to use for old thermal paste on cooling blocks since things like razor blades can scratch the heatsinks and processors.

Just remember to use something like a microfiber towel to minimize the risk of scratching things.

Also if being used on a painted item try it on a small unseen spot of the paint first, because it will rub off latex paint rather easily, but is fine for oil based and powder coated paint.

With chemicals like goo gone or goof off also can remove some paints with ease, and will deform and soften some types of plastic and acrylic or plexi windows to the point you can easily gouge it, or permanently make it look clouded.

Awesome thanks.

I got the rad cleaned already Just waiting for it to dry. I rubbed a little bit of the paint off of the fins. Just need to get one gpu back together so I can start on the other one, and I still need to clean 3 fans.

My job is making this take forever lol

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

Archived