Simple. If you want functional "fog" lights use 3k's. If you want the cool look use 6k's. A lot of people are ignorant when it comes to stuff like this. They think if they have the bluest light they will see everything but it's opposite. Also, try putting on your highs in the fog. It makes driving worst because you just see a white cloud in front of you.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

I have a 99 Silverado and Im running 8000k in my lows and 6000k in my highs with them wired so that all 4 stay on when the brights are on. I have had them for over 2 years with no overheating problems. I do get complaints about them being bright. But that is to be expected when Im putting a brighter light source in place of the stock halogen.

I believe HIDs have come a long way from when they were first released as halogen replacements. The older ones seemed to scatter more light. The ones I have in my truck now are just as focused as the halogen bulbs. But thats just my opinion.

sigpic24465_1.jpg

2 - Sundown SA 8V2 | CT Sounds 1400.1 | Pioneer DEH-X8500BS | 4/0 Big 3

Simple. If you want functional "fog" lights use 3k's. If you want the cool look use 6k's. A lot of people are ignorant when it comes to stuff like this. They think if they have the bluest light they will see everything but it's opposite. Also, try putting on your highs in the fog. It makes driving worst because you just see a white cloud in front of you.

Not sure how having a yellow cloud is any easier to see.

Your ability to see in the fog is based more on the distance in height between your fog lights and your eyes than it is the color of the light.

Your ability to see in the fog is based more on the distance in height between your fog lights and your eyes than it is the color of the light.

It has a decent amount to do with the color of the light though. Yellow light will penetrate fog better than blue.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

It has a decent amount to do with the color of the light though. Yellow light will penetrate fog better than blue.

Thanks s15.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

I personally haven't noticed much of a notable difference in color helping me see better or worse. But location on the other hand, big time. Mount them as low as possible

There is definitely some skewed information bouncing about. Here's a link to a good read about light transmission and penetration. And the link at the bottom of the page had more good info.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/phy99/phy99xx4.htm

And anyone who doesn't wanna read it, basically it says that there were over 200 studies by different scientists and professors and none said that yellow light improved visibility.

Yellow goggles can filter what is going into your eyes and improve the contrast, thus making the world more visible. But casting yellow light into something does not produce the same results. Light placement however can def help, as long as you can get under the fog.

sigpic24465_1.jpg

2 - Sundown SA 8V2 | CT Sounds 1400.1 | Pioneer DEH-X8500BS | 4/0 Big 3

Archived