Tarnish on billet wheels, is there a fast way to restore them?

I bought my billet wheels 10yrs ago. No I never properly took care of them. They are now tarnished and dull. I tried using a mcquires polishing cone. It was way to slow. Using good old elbow grease and wheel polish was only slightly faster.

Is there a faster way to restore my wheels to new or am I paying the price for not taking care of them?

Have them professionally polished. SHould be about $50 a wheel. Then just keep them up.

Or get the sandpaper out cuz thats what its gonna take.

96 Impala SS

Memphis 2000D, Memphis ST-3004, MB Quart RAA-2400, Custom PSI Tc9 12 's

Ascendant Audio Poly Mids and Vifa XT25 tweets Active

97 RCSB Silverado

3way Crystal Comps, ID10 ported, Off a US acoustics 4085

Well damn, I am easy looking at a few hours per wheel. I did think about paying to get them done this afternoon, but I am scrooge when it's my fault and I can fix it. Time to dig out the elbow grease:(

Never Dull, it's been around for years and i still think it's the best thing to use. Pick it up at local automotive store, walmart or Amazon. About $7. Only takes me about 10 min per wheel on my big ass truck rims. 135-Performer_2.gif These are like man and they are Aluminum.

truthsayer

wheelpick_zps81e9d920.jpg

They are still in great shape. they just need some love.

I agree, Never Dull is great stuff, but you'll go through the padding quickly on 4 wheels. The semi liquid polish from Mothers is the best I've found for deep cleaning. I also used it on my Honda CRF250 frame and it was a chrome-like finish after about 4-5 applications.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived