Second Skin Audio

Please Help Me Design Box Fi Q 18"!

if anything email scott or nick at ficaruadio.com, im guessing they'd have the best answer

good box design tho, thro in some all thread or 2x4's and it'll be sweet

I will use adequate bracing, idk if i'll use wood or a couple of threaded rods....

One question I had is: to avoid using speaker wire terminals, I've seen a lot of ppl on here using like a long nut and some bolts that goes through the wood??? Where do you get those things, and are they as conductive as using a terminal?

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

I will use adequate bracing, idk if i'll use wood or a couple of threaded rods....

One question I had is: to avoid using speaker wire terminals, I've seen a lot of ppl on here using like a long nut and some bolts that goes through the wood??? Where do you get those things, and are they as conductive as using a terminal?

its nothing more than bolts and nuts bro, its all conductive

it should be the best connection next to running the wires thru the box and sealing around em, thats what i did

get them at any hardware store, ie lowes

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I think i'm just stupid, but fi recommends 12-16 inch ^2 of port for each cubic foot of volume. Accordman or someone said to do 6.3 cubes and 90 sq. inch of port.

WTF i'm in a 3 dimensional world, what does 90 in^2 mean?!?!? i tried doing 90 cubic inches of port but the port is frickin small, and doesn not make sense. So is there supposed to be a thrid dimension to the 90 in^2??? or do they mean to actually square the 90 inches (which is different than 90 in ^2)........

someone please help

90 square inches

ie: length x width

and it is 12-16 square inches of port per cubic foot so...

6.3cuft w/90sqin is 14.28sqin per cubic foot

again try emailing scott or nick because they will tell you whats best for ur setup specifically

splexplorer might have some suggestions, he had 1 18q w/bp in 8.8cuft before he got 2 18q on 3000w 5 cubes per woofer @33Hz

so there is a wide range of options for you

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

so if my box was 1ftx1ftx1ft the port woudl be 14.28 sq. feet x 12" high???? in addition to the 1 cubic foot volume???

length x width is a 1st order dimension..... doesn't do me too much good when i'm in a second order world (3 dimensional).

i'm still troubled.

I sent scott an email about 2 weeks ago asking when my sub was gonna be shipped, and he still hasn't answered,. The only response i get is [email protected] - and i need to start box construction tomorrow.

how do i get hold of scott???? [email protected] does not work, or i never get reponses...... does anyone know a phone number??? i dont' care if he doesn't like phones, he shouldn't be running a business, if they are not able to be gotten hold of.

so if my box was 1ftx1ftx1ft the port woudl be 14.28 sq. feet x 12" high???? in addition to the 1 cubic foot volume???

length x width is a 1st order dimension..... doesn't do me too much good when i'm in a second order world (3 dimensional).

i'm still troubled.

I sent scott an email about 2 weeks ago asking when my sub was gonna be shipped, and he still hasn't answered,. The only response i get is [email protected] - and i need to start box construction tomorrow.

length = 1 dimension

length x width = 2 dimension like port surface area

length x width x height = 3 dimensions or volume of port

you need 90 sqin of port surface area which is 2d

its needs to be a specific length to determine the tune frequency

3rd dimension is ^3

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

how do i get hold of scott???? [email protected] does not work, or i never get reponses...... does anyone know a phone number??? i dont' care if he doesn't like phones, he shouldn't be running a business, if they are not able to be gotten hold of.

no need to be like that

imagine running that business with so few people

there is no phone number unless you paid with paypal, scotts # is on there...... but.....

i would advise to become a member at ssaaudio.com since thats where the Fi Car Audio forum is at, and you would have had this answered days ago by nick, shawn, or scott

TeamSundown-sig.jpg