Head-Fi...what do you use?

Not sure if there is already a thread....this can maybe go in Home Sound but wasn't sure

Bought some Klipsch S4s earphones maybe back in January 2012 due to all the hype around them on the net. I sure did like them until I tried to use them at the gym and they would fall out of my ears. Dealt with it until Dec of last year when I learned about Foam Comply tips, bought them and what difference it made, they no longer fell out of my ears and I was getting a better seal so everything sounded better and they also took away the nasty sibilance they have.

Last year around late October/Early November I wanted to buy some fullsize cans (which lead me to the head-fi.org forum), never had any. So I went with the popular Audio Technica M50's. Don't regret it one bit, not the greatest but for $150 they are great entry level headphone. Way better than Beats Audio which I still can believe ppl buy into, they truly do sound like crap but hey they are swaggin I guess lol

Shortly after (first week of December) that I discovered a brand called thinksound (thanks to Head-Fi). I bought their Rain earphones. They have a popular model Thunder which is bass enhanced version which I ended up buying for my cousin and he loves them, I went with the Rains b/c they are more detail oriented. Amazing quality @ $50. I use these now for my everyday laptop listening.

2 days after ordering the Rains I realized how crappy my soundcard on my Dell is so I bought a FiiO E07k Amp/DAC (Acts as an amp when on iPod/mp3 player and DAC when connected to laptop). These brought my M50's to life due to the DAC. Well worth the $95 purchase.

Not mine but I also ordered my sister a pair of soundMagic E10 earphones that Xmas and she loves them. I don't believe I really got to listen to them yet. Only $35 and highly regarded.

Now today for no reason I ordered some Philips 3590 earphones, they are raved about b/c of the SQ for the price point of $8 LOL. I figure if I like em I'll give my Klipsch to a buddy for like $10-15 and buy some Comply tips for the Philips if needed. IDK how well they will do in the gym. Thing is I still want to try the Sennheiser 300 cx II since they are supposed to be great for only $25

601647_668923583121284_615650957_n.jpg

17818_563657646981212_1764033882_n.jpg

Oh yeah and once I get $300 I really wanna try the new thinksound On1, their first On Ear Headphone, they look sex http://www.thinksound.com/on1.php

On1Main.jpg

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Is this concerning just in-ear or over-ear as well?

As I have been looking into some high end over ear.

All I know of so far are just Sennheiser for Hi-Fi.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

In Ear or One Ear, w/e. This is for the "head-fi", not sound systems.

^LOL whats the list for? Its so outdated at over a year old.

Just read an impressions thread on the On1 on ears I posted and they are coming in as amazing. Thinking about selling my M50's for $100 and maybe buying them eventually.

2015 Mazda 6

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I thought the list was pretty good?

I mean those speakers don't just get worse.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

I get that but I'm asking what ppl personally use lol

2015 Mazda 6

make sure to get an amp if you get anything worth a shit

Already got a 4x80w @ 4-Ohmss MossValve amp. Would this be enough (I know that headphones can reach pretty high resistance)?

What do you use?

i use audio technica m50s. love them. i also have some shures se215 when its gym time. i dont have any drivers that require an amp but i also have a ibasso dzero with my 5th gen ipod.

B2 Zero.7r - Soundqubed 4-120 - Digital Designs 9918 - Rockford Fosgate T1 5.25" - Deh-80prs - XS Power D3400 XS Power XP3000 - Mechman 250A - Big3

Archived