05Malibu Final Build - DC - PRV - SHCA - XS - SINGER

My previous/current install... HU, painted dash underside, center console, and trim in gloss black. Blue LED hidden under dash and front seats to toggle switches. One for LEDS, one for sub amp.

80D57203-AAB2-486C-8EC3-AF3A71EF71B0.jpg

21D8F92A-B878-4D0D-A69E-8F1627A93168.jpg

ACC965F7-7F40-42BD-A7A5-00A3AF4B768B.jpg

Bass knob and LED control module (different modes, music sync, etc.)

48ECA14E-A1D2-42EF-B828-3B40C6DC0D98.jpg

All previously painted pieces will be re sanded, primed and painted.

I will probably replace the cheap looking toggle switches to some metal LED push button actuators. And as I get more comfortable with glossing and fabricating in general I will probably get more creative with my mounts.

That's all for now. Please excuse the messy car and pics. I knew she "going under the knife" so haven't cleaned her in awhile. I appreciate the feedback, and appreciate everything I have learned and gained from this community. Feel free to ask questions, give suggestions, all feedback welcome. Just don't be too harsh :)

Also, I am going to be looking for help/suggestions on how to build my sub stage. Going with 2 sa-12s on saz-1200. I would like to port my rear deck somehow. Maybe 4th order bandpass? Or just reposition my 6x9s into pods in the rear deck and leave the factory 6x9 holes empty as a "port"? I do have fold down rear seats but would like to keep the seats up all the time if possible. Ill take pics of trunk and rear deck when I mount the ctx1000.4.

I broke my trunk release button removing door panel and was locked out of my trunk for the last few days, until new one came.

What's a project without a few speed bumps right?!?! Lol.

Lookin good

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Lookin good

Thanks! I'm liking the look and fitment so far. I was waiting to start passenger side until I found a look and fit I liked. I didn't know if I would want to glass the whole panels right away. This way I can still have some freedom to add/upgrade and do a full panel build in the future.

9B30EDAF-69FF-4A1B-B31B-E1FA69DDE606.jpg

It might be hard to see but I mounted my x overs in a lil foam pocket I cut from the stock foam door piece. It fits perfectly in the pocket and fits into a small cavity in the door panel.

Question: is this safe? It does not move or wiggle around and the door panel actually fits perfectly and holds it snug in place. But is it a fire hazard or anything?

Archived