Jump to content

05Malibu Final Build - DC - PRV - SHCA - XS - SINGER


Recommended Posts

Posted

Layer 5 done, and as I start number 6 (probably final layer). The first resin finally runs out, so go to open the new one and this is what I get...

B70B3360-F2AB-49BE-A20B-8CC7A03BDAE3.jpg

Half empty (unopened) hardener..

47B3FF42-FB8F-4913-99D7-047232421706.jpg

Not too happy as I was in a good groove and wanted to finish the glassing part tonight... I guess it's my own fault for using the Home Depot (3M) Resin...

Posted

Quick update: after some sanding... These are gonna take ALOT of sand time!!!

5AB18D23-7318-4135-9B44-5C60B3A3407E.jpg

Just curious to how it will look, not mounted.

AF9F1DC3-4FA7-4D00-BB9A-78422FC74DE4.jpg

3A27A9AB-943A-494D-889B-122377A64CE1.jpg

D7AC11DD-4FC7-4774-B339-9CC173B198B0.jpg

All for now, will probably mount and have a listen this weekend.

Posted

Looks good buddy, some Kitty hair bondo & regular bondo, Primer, wet sand, reprimer, paint, clear coat, wet sand & buff and you'll be ready to install! lol

Posted

Seriously though....They look sick and will out perform your first go around easily!!

Posted

Looks good buddy, some Kitty hair bondo & regular bondo, Primer, wet sand, reprimer, paint, clear coat, wet sand & buff and you'll be ready to install! lol

Haha thanks for reminding me of all the work I still have to do. Lol. But yea, a whole lot of that, going to kitty hair, resin, and bondo parts of the inside for a little more reinforcement too.

Anyone tried making or using "milk shake"? I've seen and heard of it but never tried myself, just curious as to thoughts and maybe recipe, if anyone has input...

But all in all I am happy with how it's looking and coming along as of now.

Posted

8648082A-BF80-4C93-9FCA-FBF62CBC09E5.jpg

8648082A-BF80-4C93-9FCA-FBF62CBC09E5.jpg

EC954F5C-CEA0-4915-AE70-6FC26B970DC7.jpg

Took a few pics after test fitting and mounting crossover/wires.

Not done by a long shot but I was too anxious to give it a try so will be giving it a listen tmrw.

Posted

Looks like a good fit, i bet your excited as hell to here these bad boys in those enclosures. Keep the pics a coming!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 832 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...