Jump to content

05Malibu Final Build - DC - PRV - SHCA - XS - SINGER


Recommended Posts

Posted

Yea funky they are a bit underpowered, getting about 120 watts at 2 ohm. (Xxx rated at 150, but read people throwing upwards of 200+ at them)

I'm thinking about getting the ct sounds 125.4 to address that issue (190 rms at 2 ohm), and run some tweets active in the future.

But until I upgrade my substage and get to all that, they sound good enough to keep up with 1 12".

Plus I must note that I haven't properly tuned it all in, I've been doing it by ear, little by little after listening to different songs/genres.

All in all I am really happy with the XXXs! The ctx1000.4 not so much... Extremely power hungry, and gets warm pretty quick, although it does put out decent sound for a budget amp. I have no complaints but would go a diff route if I could do it over again.

Posted

Yea funky they are a bit underpowered, getting about 120 watts at 2 ohm. (Xxx rated at 150, but read people throwing upwards of 200+ at them)

I'm thinking about getting the ct sounds 125.4 to address that issue (190 rms at 2 ohm), and run some tweets active in the future.

But until I upgrade my substage and get to all that, they sound good enough to keep up with 1 12".

Plus I must note that I haven't properly tuned it all in, I've been doing it by ear, little by little after listening to different songs/genres.

All in all I am really happy with the XXXs! The ctx1000.4 not so much... Extremely power hungry, and gets warm pretty quick, although it does put out decent sound for a budget amp. I have no complaints but would go a diff route if I could do it over again.

Oh yeah they will over power 1 12 easy now! Can't wait to see it all finished!

Posted

Yessir, starting that tonight after my basketball game. Probably going to be an all nighter, and into the next couple days. I'm off work until Thursday so going to knock out as much as I can in the next couple days.

Hopefully have a ton of updates, pics, and vids coming.... (Fingers crossed).

Posted

A little of both... Most is prob coming from the L7, but the XXX are like mini subs, the bass fill is amazing for just 6.5" speakers.

Ill make a vid where I isolate each set of speakers and turn sub off.

Posted

Looooong night... Prep and tear down took up most of it.

Started my console.. Hit a road bump when my electric drill shit the bed, and both batteries for my little cordless were fried. Had to improvise but here's a short update of my progress...

Posted

A little of both... Most is prob coming from the L7, but the XXX are like mini subs, the bass fill is amazing for just 6.5" speakers.

Ill make a vid where I isolate each set of speakers and turn sub off.

Ok at first I thought it was all coming from those 6.5's and was like oh I may need some LOL Sounds good nice blend from bass to mids!

Posted

Cool pic of EQ out the box.

50A6961D-0646-41AB-82E0-740B9885B213.jpg

Cut out

F967B187-D64E-4C12-AAB3-06B2482DF9A6.jpg

8AC32C64-8A73-4619-AB38-3EFF4310B05B.jpg

Face plate

9E9876A6-6571-481A-A03E-CD262DDFD224.jpg

E683E5CA-C6F0-47C6-84F4-35DF584F96C3.jpg

Cutting the holes was a PITA with no drill, thankfully the rotozip I was going to return came in handy and got the job done.

205E7608-60F4-4175-9576-E073D8A147F1.jpg

FDA00DA0-054E-49CA-B3CD-0BD1C5634B9F_1.j

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 790 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...