component sets with low frequency response

Etstudley@gmail.com

I'd consider a 3 way comp set. I'd also highly consider running active from like a Fosgate 360.3 and have a the mid driver mind of dedicated for as much bass as possible. I'd be curious what the SQ guys think of this, ESPECIALLY CablGuy(Randal with White Lighting). Randal is considering going NO sub stage and I'd be picking his brain if I were you.

You with maybe have to piece together this 3 way set. Id get a mid driver and make a sealed pod in the door for bass response. You're probably not going to get crazy impressive bass, but you should be able to accurately reproduce a solid signal.

A 3 way system would probably be a good way to go honestly, I just gotta decide if keeping this car is even worth it. Leaning towards no.

First off a 6.5 to hit 30-35 is just unrealistic...with that said I had the CDT M6 drivers and wow they hit very nice at around 60hz sounded like some 8"s and also the CDT M6+ which hit nicely at around 50hz and powered right with 2 sets believe me no need for subs, unless your competing. CDT is the way to go. If these sets are too pricey for call CDT directly and they will help you out. They specialize in making drivers that are meant for what you want. DO NOT BUY FROM ANYWHERE BUT DIRECT OR WOOFERSETC

I've looked into cdt a little, I'll have to give them a closer look. I knew there wasn't going to be a lot of options but I didn't realize it was gonna be pretty much impossible.

It will be hard to get that output from a midbass unless you do them in multiples or go to a larger driver. A kickass 8" or 10" would be much easier. Still we are talking about output below 40hz. Like a couple others mentioned going with a 3 way with a dedicate midbass will gain you more output. The simplest way to do it would be to use a simple two way comp set and build a small enclosure for an 8" sub or two.

Re read your posts. I would do a normal comp set (2 way) and maybe put an 8 or 10" sub in the passenger footwell. That's an idea. Something shallow mount that needs less than a cube.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Re read your posts. I would do a normal comp set (2 way) and maybe put an 8 or 10" sub in the passenger footwell. That's an idea. Something shallow mount that needs less than a cube.

This is similar to what I have planed for my truck ... 2 way passive on the dash with 8" drivers in the floor/kick pannel area ported and tuned to Sound Quality Sub driver specs ... but they will be playing 500 htz and below off of stereo channels instead of sub outputs ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived