Not sure if this is something to post here but i figured i would give it a shot, i just installed a set of 55 watt high and low beam 6k hid kit's in my truck and i can't get the high beams to turn off. The truck is a 2001 Yukon XL and i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, the kit's were installed with the relay harnesses so i'm not sure what could be causing this to happen. I do want to try to get this figured out because i also bought a kit for my fog lights and don't want to have problems with the fog lights, as it is i can"t turn them on because my high beams won't shut off.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

Id do what Katt said, 9 times out of 10 the relay is crap!

I probably had a good 20-30 DDM kits with crap relays from the start, or crapped out with in a week to a month.

They are the cheapest of the cheapest relays in most HID kits, thats why many are so cheaply priced.

goto an autoparts store and buy a Bosch relay.

Yeah i did try it with the regular bulbs and the system works fine it's only with HID's and i'm running two harnesses one for the left and one for the right so i would have to have faulty relays in both harnesses, it's very possible that i got a couple of bad harnesses. I tried the ballasts without the harnesses but they won't work without them in my truck.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

Id do what Katt said, 9 times out of 10 the relay is crap!

I probably had a good 20-30 DDM kits with crap relays from the start, or crapped out with in a week to a month.

They are the cheapest of the cheapest relays in most HID kits, thats why many are so cheaply priced.

goto an autoparts store and buy a Bosch relay.

It's funny you say that these are ddm kits i'll try that in the morning.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

Umm..
if your running a harness for the left lights, and a harness for the right lights you wired it wrong.

1 harness is for both the left and right low beam.

if you have high beams, again 1 harness for the left and right highbeam.

if you have fog lights, 1 harnes for the left and right fog light.

Not 1 harness for the left low and high beam, and 1 harness for the right high and low beam (that will cause the high beams to always be on).

Hence why the 1 wire on the relay harness is about 4 feet longer, to run it across to the other side of the vehicle for the other side corresponding high, low, or fog light (which ever it is hooked up on the one side).

Fix that problem and your high/low beams will work correctly..

Also still not a bad idea to replace relays or have a spare in the glovebox.

They also corrode really fast, and are not weather tight and will corrode inside the relay plastic housing and make the lights stop working.

That's the way I had it wired the first time and the personi spoke with at ddm told me I was wrong to wire it this way, so your saying I should change it back the wayi had it?

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

Umm..

if your running a harness for the left lights, and a harness for the right lights you wired it wrong.

1 harness is for both the left and right low beam.

if you have high beams, again 1 harness for the left and right highbeam.

if you have fog lights, 1 harnes for the left and right fog light.

Not 1 harness for the left low and high beam, and 1 harness for the right high and low beam (that will cause the high beams to always be on).

Hence why the 1 wire on the relay harness is about 4 feet longer, to run it across to the other side of the vehicle for the other side corresponding high, low, or fog light (which ever it is hooked up on the one side).

Fix that problem and your high/low beams will work correctly..

Also still not a bad idea to replace relays or have a spare in the glovebox.

They also corrode really fast, and are not weather tight and will corrode inside the relay plastic housing and make the lights stop working.

Just wanted to say thank you for your help you were spot on. I pulled everything out and re wired it the way i originally had it and changed the relays, one of which was completely rusted out and now everything is working fine.

I just think it's ridiculous that i called DDM and spoke with not one but three different techs and they all told me that i had it wired wrong and to wire it left and right when i had it wired correctly the first time, and they never even mentioned the relays which would have solved my problem in the first place, unbelievable.

Any how thanks again for all your help, now i can wire up my fog light and be done .

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt