Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Dd power handling


afrakes

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well damn it im mobile. But its not nearly as technical as you are thinking lol

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

I have played and built all of dd subs and every size from 6.5-18s. Haven't played with their 21 yet.

The 500 series mechanical limit is at 500 clean rms. if you even slightly clip say bye bye coil or triple joint.

If you are unhappy with output tune 37-40. That's where dd shine unless you only play sub 28 hz then tune lower but output won't even be close.

To be honest the 500 series meh. They feel brittle on anything over rated.

From my findings the power ratings of dd are pretty accurate on the stock woofers. If you start to go over rated you need to add upgrades.

500 series - 500 rms clean

1500 series - 1000 rms clean

2500 series - 1400 rms clean

3500 series - 2000 clean

9500 series - 2500 clean

9900 series - 5000 clean possibly more, no personal experience yet

Z95- tbd. I'll let you know this weekend.

Z3 - burps you dont have enough power, and approx 8k daily.

Z4- refer to the z3 rating Above. And 12k daily I've heard.

If you want to run more to the 3500 series and up then you need to upgrade suspension and coils. I've played with all of the coil and suspension options.

If you are looking at a new sub in the future and have questions let me know and I can help.

The redline series is a budget choice it will work but it's not a dd at heart and won't have same true performance and American made subs.

Just a lite input ! Hope it helps with future decisions and other people trying to run dd. Hopefully his saves some people money on recones! I know slammin beats and i have wasted a ton testing all these.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Posted

Im tuned to 37 if I wasn ton mobile id explain how I picked that as a tune lol

I'm curious to know.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6292 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...