afrakes Posted November 23, 2013 Report Posted November 23, 2013 I have a DD 512 b running on 425 watts. I know these subs are underrated, but if I feed it clean power do u guys think it could handle 1200 watts rms? It's in a 2.5 cu ft box @ 33 hz. Thanks for the input! Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
n8ball2013 Posted November 23, 2013 Report Posted November 23, 2013 No I dont. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
afrakes Posted November 23, 2013 Author Report Posted November 23, 2013 No I dont.If I may ask, why not? Do u have any personal experience with it? The reason I ask is soley based on the brand and the quality of the woofers they produce. I have heard they can handle more. Just want to know the general limit you would put on this particular sub. Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
gally Posted November 23, 2013 Report Posted November 23, 2013 800rms at max....if you have clean power.... then again...buy a better woofer man 2010 Chevrolet Cruze Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5" Sub Control --- Pac LC1 Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1 Battery - GZBP 12.2500X
WCA Rusty Posted November 23, 2013 Report Posted November 23, 2013 2" coils generally dont like 1200 watts DC AUDIO Phone Number 1(855)SPL-DBZZ Built by Competitors, for Competitors.
truthsayer Posted November 23, 2013 Report Posted November 23, 2013 Am i wrong or aren't those only rated around 400 rms? And why he said no was. Your wanting to triple the rms rating, that's a little to much going overboard. I mean 3x the rating, not a good idea. Now they maybe able to handle 600 rms clean, but i would never try 1200 rms. truthsayer
WCA Rusty Posted November 23, 2013 Report Posted November 23, 2013 800rms at max....if you have clean power.... then again...buy a better woofer man hes right, if you want to run 1200 watts , just get a woofer designed for it, if you r a DD fan pick up a DD 3500 its rated at up to 1200 watts RMS, perfect for 1200 watts of power DC AUDIO Phone Number 1(855)SPL-DBZZ Built by Competitors, for Competitors.
afrakes Posted November 23, 2013 Author Report Posted November 23, 2013 No I dont.If I may ask, why not? Do u have any personal experience with it? The reason I ask is soley based on the brand and the quality of the woofers they produce. I have heard they can handle more. Just want to know the general limit you would put on this particular subI ask here cuz I trust all of your input, just want to know the reasoning. . Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
Omega5002 Posted November 23, 2013 Report Posted November 23, 2013 Nate is very familar with Digital Designs, so listen to him.2 in coils(which are usually 4 layer round wire copper) don't like more than 800 rms, you'll burn it up with 1200 rms. If you want to feed 1200 rms, get a 2500 or 3500 series. 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
afrakes Posted November 23, 2013 Author Report Posted November 23, 2013 Ok thanks all. I had a chance to pick up a aq 1200 for a great price so that answered my question. Don't have the money to upgrade my sub and amp right now so I guess I shall wait it out haha. Thanks again! Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.