03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Looking good.

I've decided on the t4 comp set maybe 2. Very little difference between them and the t5 set. There is a guy up here with 2 sets of t5 in his front doors t3 in the back and a 2500.1bdcp pushing 2 t2 15. Waiting to get a demo of it. He is always in at my work.

Thanks, its a start. Cool on the T4s, hope you get a good deal on them! Ya a demo of that system would be nice. Whats he got running the T5s and T3s?

I'm not sure what is running the t5 and t3 speakers. All I know is he only has the t2500.1 and 1 other amp. I'm guessing either the 1000.4 or 800.4 power series amp.

I'll be sure to let you know how it sounds.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Well i got the fiberglass on this morning, Still not my strong skill but learning. Now Kitty hair & Bondo with paint more up my alley!

Heres pics of panel in car.

Fiberglassingpassangerdoor2014001_zps324

Gonna look killer when done.

Fiberglassingpassangerdoor2014002_zps61b

I like how it will bring my front stage up hight instead of on the floor.

Fiberglassingpassangerdoor2014003_zps3b6

Fiberglassingpassangerdoor2014005_zpsbc1

Thats all untill next weekend.

Wow really getting after it. Its going to sound so much better the way you are doing it. Is it going to be tight with an 8" in the kick?

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

• 3 weeks later...

Slow update on door panels. Working 75+ hrs a week with 1 day off so work has been slow on the build but close to having one panel done and the other is ready for mocking up. Pain in the ass building them due to the amount of time it takes that i dont have to dedicate to them. I have 20+ hrs into one now. Losing daylight and heat so i need to get them done asap.

Here are pics

doorpanel001_zps931c7c4b.jpg

doorpanel002_zps9297f54f.jpg

doorpanel003_zpsff49387d.jpg

doorpanel005_zpsdc205961.jpg

First one came out pretty good

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

First one came out pretty good

Thank you, i plan to cut out stock panel pieces when done shaping to reinforce back side of panel as well. Not sure on paint sceme yet but probly just make kicker panel i made with grey.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update on doors. Still working a butt load of hrs and we got a 3 day weekend so i spent most of the day prepping driver door. Also prepping back side of panel for stiffening & support.

Pics of slow progress.

doorpanels2014001_zps78a28322.jpg

I had some prime 6.5s lying around i thought i would dry fit to see how it looks.

doorpanels2014002_zps3cfa3025.jpg

They where in my sons Tahoe Qlogic panels for about a week before upgrading to T1s.

doorpanels2014003_zps7adfcd47.jpg

doorpanels2014004_zps27a07dfc.jpg

I think they look better with the grilles on.

doorpanels2014005_zpsaa3e3c21.jpg

I did a lot of work on the driver door today. Prepped panel, mocked up MDF rings, fleeced and resined door. Be ready for fiberglassing tomorrow.

doorpanels2014006_zpsac7b0c1e.jpg

I am definately getting another set of T3s for these doors. I havent bought anything for the car all summer and dumped about 10k into the wedding so i deserve to sooth my OCD by putting the same speakers in the doors.

Thanks for looking, i hope to just get the fiberglassing and shaping done before it gets to cold out and will texture & paint this winter before i put on. Its a bunch of work but i am liking how they are turning out.

Archived