03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Yeah, sucks about your HU. What a bummer. I'd have been PISSED after all that work, and not being able to listen to it. Lol. I just sold an Alpine unit I had sitting around. It was an IVA-W205 DVD with Ipod cable, Blackbird nav(insertable or stand alone),and Sirius XM module with extra module to enable video while driving. You should look into getting an older high end Rockford Fosgate HU to match your system. Or maybe a Nakamichi or Denon or Eclipse.

Btw, nice to see someone go the extra mile and do the 100% coverage. Taking it to the next level indeed. Love everything so far. When is a car upgrade in the works? No offense on the Lancer, but the stereo is worth FAR more than the car is now.lol.

Nice on the amp install under the seats.

Sucks about the 80prs.

If you end up needing to replace it can I buy the volume knob off you? Need it since mine was stolen.

Thanks, i think it looks cleaner and keeps it cooler.

Buy my knob? Are you crazy? Pretty sure i can give that to you for free. Wont know anything about the HU for awhile until i can test is out with the older one i have.

Yeah, sucks about your HU. What a bummer. I'd have been PISSED after all that work, and not being able to listen to it. Lol. I just sold an Alpine unit I had sitting around. It was an IVA-W205 DVD with Ipod cable, Blackbird nav(insertable or stand alone),and Sirius XM module with extra module to enable video while driving. You should look into getting an older high end Rockford Fosgate HU to match your system. Or maybe a Nakamichi or Denon or Eclipse.

Btw, nice to see someone go the extra mile and do the 100% coverage. Taking it to the next level indeed. Love everything so far. When is a car upgrade in the works? No offense on the Lancer, but the stereo is worth FAR more than the car is now.lol.

Ya i was disappointed about the HU but to tired to put a bunch of emotion into it. Just get it done and home. 12 hrs of sleep in 4 days was rough.

Bought the car and the timing belt broke, replaced engine and have the other for a rebuild. I put a chip in it and K & N intake. New Header and exhaust system. Needs paint, suspension upgrade and rims and Tires. Probably keep it for a while. Wifes cars a 2012 Mailbu, and would like to get a work truck. But ya....now you sound like the wife....But its a Lancer! lol Its a project, DGAF or not.

Figured you would be willing to give it to me but I don't ask for free stuff.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Yeah but I can't. Its a me thing.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Nothing really new except the 80-PRS is working. Wire crimp failure in harness so alls good there.

I wasn't feeling the dead plain space on the door panels behind the T2 comps so i thought this would look better.

IMG_1898_zps1df51b70.jpg

Before...

IMG_1917_zpsedac3e77.jpg

Before with same back drop & lighting.

IMG_1946_zps952f8ed4.jpg

Nothing major, laid a RF decal in the space and clear coated it on. Flash on camera makes sticker look a lot brighter than the what you really see. Might have looked better before...? Not sure but its a done deal now! lol Have to learn to live with it.

IMG_1947_zpsc1d0c940.jpg

Build on hold for the Holidays. well the physical work but the mind is always spinning. Substage changed somehow with all the deadener installed. Hard to explain, flex and vibrations are nearly gone but output seems lower. ? Its got me thinking about about cutting metal out behind rear seats to install a bigger box with 2 SA-12s thru the opening. Or build a new box in the trunk. Not sure but working toward a new spring substage set up.

I am thinking 2 SA-12's on 2k would be pretty nice, but open to suggestion.

That would be an excellent decision... sometimes I wish I stuck with my 2 SA build and just "revise" it..!

I'm about to pull one of your numbers and take a vaca from work just to put in MAJOR work to get my setup playing!! Probably won't be able to finish my doors, but I know the substage and amp rack will be in full effect!

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

That would be an excellent decision... sometimes I wish I stuck with my 2 SA build and just "revise" it..!

Thanks, i am hoping 2 12's on the same power will give more output. And i have been wanting to try some Sundown subs.

I'm about to pull one of your numbers and take a vaca from work just to put in MAJOR work to get my setup playing!! Probably won't be able to finish my doors, but I know the substage and amp rack will be in full effect!

Right on, just dont burn out! everytime i out mass hrs in on a time crunch i burn the fuck out. Getting to old to but that kind of time in! lol Ya i would like to see how much you get done. When are you thinking of starting?

Thanks, i am hoping 2 12's on the same power will give more output. And i have been wanting to try some Sundown subs.

Right on, just dont burn out! everytime i out mass hrs in on a time crunch i burn the fuck out. Getting to old to but that kind of time in! lol Ya i would like to see how much you get done. When are you thinking of starting?

Well, I have 9 days to play with lol... I'm going to GUESS 2 days will be removing my stripped and seized alternator bolt! -.-

Other then that, I've already ran my power and ground to the spare tire well, so the rear battery will drop right in.. I'm doing my Big 3 on sunday nad I have a teammate that help me build my enclosure this time so that's done... Just have to make my second false floor/beauty panel, the baffle that will seal my enclosure and run my 4 channel RCAs along with all the speaker wire for the front stage.. looking to spend around a day each project so that it looks to its greatest potential!!

Going to start next Saturday :D

Maybe even sneak a couple things in next week :peepwall:

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Archived