03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Still don't like the flat on the wheels. Sorry man. Its a good thing my opinion doesn't matter. LOL

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Still sanding away... Did a panel test to see witch color i liked better. Going with the Graphite color, there is a shit ton of light on the panels which makes it look silver but its darker in natural light conditions. 

I also thought the Graphite color would hide imperfections more. The black is showing everything! There are close to 20 dings on each side so getting this perfect is next to impossible for my skills & patients. Really the car isn't even worth the time i am putting into it but i am balls deep in her now...might as well finish! This is the beginning of week 4 at about 8 hrs a day. Just a ton of block work to get all the imperfections close to being out. I thought of plasti dipping the damn thing in a flat and calling it a day but i have what i need to finish so i will.

IMG_2816_zpswhic2wte.jpg

IMG_2817_zpsxttosjty.jpg

So 400+ grit scratch's were showing thru both colors, black being way worse. I start going back over and blocking it with 600 & then 1000 to ensure at least a smooth surface for the paint.

Plan to finish the roof today and start finishing this side and rear. Passenger side is 2/3 320 grit blocked down.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:07 PM, bcbrassard said:

Still sanding away... Did a panel test to see witch color i liked better. Going with the Graphite color, there is a shit ton of light on the panels which makes it look silver but its darker in natural light conditions. 

I also thought the Graphite color would hide imperfections more. The black is showing everything! There are close to 20 dings on each side so getting this perfect is next to impossible for my skills & patients. Really the car isn't even worth the time i am putting into it but i am balls deep in her now...might as well finish! This is the beginning of week 4 at about 8 hrs a day. Just a ton of block work to get all the imperfections close to being out. I thought of plasti dipping the damn thing in a flat and calling it a day but i have what i need to finish so i will.

IMG_2816_zpswhic2wte.jpg

IMG_2817_zpsxttosjty.jpg

So 400+ grit scratch's were showing thru both colors, black being way worse. I start going back over and blocking it with 600 & then 1000 to ensure at least a smooth surface for the paint.

Plan to finish the roof today and start finishing this side and rear. Passenger side is 2/3 320 grit blocked down.

Damn this just sounds like too much work. BTW the pics are not showing?

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Ya i dont know why the pics don't show up on the original post. They where there when i posted it. ?

More work than the car is worth. I will have close to 200 hrs by then end of this week. But should be close to paint by mid next week.

I see them now. Must have been my computer.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Obviously the lighter color will hide imperfections better. Black has to be straight white not so much.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived