03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

35 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

Nice man. Its always nice to get a vacation in.

Thanks, we try to get away , every winter. Bounce between California, Vegas & HI.

IMG_0333_zps46vtbqvq.jpg

So i have been working on the front speaker pods to strengthen them and make  them  sound better.

The left drivers back wave vents into the door cavity where the right driver was sealed in the map pocket area. It ended up being the weak link, i must not of used enough mat and resin to get it strong enough to keep from flexing & rattle slightly. So i filled the whole map pocket area with 1"+ expanding foam, Both driver & passenger front doors. Then added more deadening and acoustic foam. I have been working on it the last couple days and just got it back together.

IMG_0336_zps2c6wc9ug.jpg

Drove around for an hour and a half testing it out. Holy shit that is what was missing, louder and clearer. No more rattles or flex. I thought i did some over kill building these panels but i now know you can always do more and the results are so worth the payout. I built the passenger side first and must have strengthened the driver side more because there were less issues but now both sides are done and finally it sounds better than the T3 6.5's in the Malibu which had been the bar for best sounding front stage i have built. Currently running just the front doors for now. 

IMG_0334_zpslhhmlerw.jpg

Been working on the rear doors at the same time. They didn't sound as good as the should so after tearing them down i noticed they could use more deadening and i had a 6.5" FAST ring kit to install. 

IMG_0335_zpsmqrb0qzs.jpg

So not really pretty with three different deadening brands but i tried to do with the sheet and half i had left. I think it will be enough to improve the sound some, plus the FAST ring system. And of course while the panels where i want to paint the lower half Graphite to match the front doors & other interior panels. I had to order it from local paint store so be a couple weeks before panels will be painted and reinstalled.

So now that the front doors sound so good i want to get the T400-4 hooked up for the 8" mid-bass and try to get this front stage dialed in better. You work a project to the point were you just want in done for a while. Well i found all the week links that need some tweaking so i plan to take the next few weeks to fix things.

Really want a new sub set up, love to put 2 12's in but might end up throwing the SQ 10's back in until i go back to work and come up with a solid design and subs.

Any ideas? 

1 hour ago, bcbrassard said:

Any ideas?

Gut it, wall it off, (2) 18s on 10K. 

Haha just kidding. Looks good man. Interested to know how it sounds with all that door work. I’ve recently been working on my mids too, so i can appreciate the attention youre giving the doors. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

3 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Gut it, wall it off, (2) 18s on 10K. 

Haha just kidding. Looks good man. Interested to know how it sounds with all that door work. I’ve recently been working on my mids too, so i can appreciate the attention youre giving the doors. 

Thanks man. 2 sa 12's would be ideal but its over $600 to get them. Little to pricey. was thinking of trying Skar for budget friendly subs.

Doors are loud, tuned a bit high due to letting the P3Sd4 8's to take care of the mid-bass. I am just finally impressed with the speakers and set up now. Took a long time to get here, shit been working on the car for almost 5 yrs. Constantly upgrading, once i get all the mids & highs dialed in the sub stage needs something new. Even if it better 10" subs. Box size is a issue or i have to learn to build inside the trunk. Then you committed IMO. I started out with 1 T1D412" tuned horribly (mid 40's i believe). Same sub sounds killer in a joe x design in the wife malibu on 1K. Then i went with the SQ's firing into the cab, which was a improvement in out put but i have always believed i was under powering them. Money it tight until i go back to work so i think i will put the 10's back in until i can figure it out. as much as those doors sound amazing i miss mid-bass let alone bass.

7 hours ago, Wishuponasub said:

Nice stuff man. One day I will have the confidence to do my doors lol. I'm glad you finally got them setup to your liking.

Thanks man, i like what your doing to your system as well. I started out making kick panels and worked my way up to the doors. I had never fiber glassed before but no stranger to body work. Learning curve was making them solid. Each driver is getting 125 watts so its now surprise they needed a little beefing up.

IMG_0345_zpsmn8yxoy1.jpg

I temp installed my T400-4 for mid-bass today. As good as the doors sounded i need some kind of bass. Missing my subs but don't really want to put them back in, waiting for help on a design for a new sub stage.

I played with the tuning of the T2's in the door and wanted to see how low the would go. I have them playing at about 70 hz right now and they sound good. the P3SD 8's are playing from 65-125 hz right now and i might play with there tuning a bit more as well. Only after i pull them out and try some poly fill in the pillar cavity.

Front stage is coming together, currently best its been. Waiting for panel paint to show up so i can finish the rear door and reinstatll the T1's. I have about a month to play with system before i go back to work, everything else will have to wait until late next fall.

IMG_0351_zps98mmqvge.jpg

All 4 done.

IMG_0352_zps2082btxw.jpg

And the center caps.

I will be putting these tires on next week, worst of the weather is over with. 

Archived