03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Still a good chance of me going back up there once school is over for my daughter. I'll have to get ahold of you and meet up when we do go back up there.

Rockford makes great subs still but the prices are getting crazy. One of these days I'll get a nice 15 that like to be in a 4-4.5cuft net box and throw 3k at it. Until then I'll be rocking my t2d415s in a 6-6.5cuft box with no chance of trunk space left. Taking to long to get it done though.

Sounds Good, i am not going anywhere for about 7 or 8 yrs. Be cool to meeat upsometime.

Hold up. Bcbrassard... an all rf guy... is now ditching rf? what in the mother loving blue cold ass sky is going on here? you were all RF before... when we talked however long ago it was.... lol

You are correct in your statements/question ... at least as far as I knew too. I guess he just cannot stop spending money & playing.

You know, ... SoundQ makes amps ... Hmmm, ... More changes coming?! I got first offer dibs in the T3's if you bail on 'em!!!

NO...I wont be changing out any speakers or amps. Just want some different subs to try out.

I prefer my T1 over my SDC 2.5 both great subs though

The T1 is a sexy sub and had i build a properr box for it i might like it more, But after my knowledge of equipment has grown i have come to realize what most have been saying about subs. And that is that there are many brands that are just as good or better for the price range. My disappointment with them is there RMS ratings. I have my T1 in 1 ohm off the T1500 and can smoke it pretty easy if i wanted to. I will keep the sub for the another build and build a better box.

Thank you sir, far from perfect but built witrh the knowledge i have and continue to aquire here on SMD. Ya i am hoping for box design help and start building somthing soon.

Nice build very detailed and clean. Im mot into trucks myself so finding guys doing car builds is awesome. Had my pen out still taking notes

Check out my build slow but... slow and steady wins the race

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185561-1st-build-budget-toyota-mark-2/

thank you, It was a learning process. Few things i would differently like... Buy a better car with a bigger trunk, go 4-way active with 8s up front. No rear stage and sound deaden floor and roof. Just acouple small things! lol

I got my MDF and design so its time to start cutting some wood soon to build new box for HDS310s. I will post pics of progress. I have been helping the son design a system for his 90 ext cab Silverado. He wants some SA-8 v2s under his back seat in the rear. Ported running like 1500-2k watts. He has a ton of RF gear from his Tahoe but only the mids/highs and amp will be used so we are looking to sell his RF stuff on CL to come up with funds for 8s, amps & wiring. We took some pics and vids today and i thought i would share for the hell of it.

These subs where bought on CL here locally and all i did was refabric the box and put a push pin speaker terminal in. Box was in rough shape when we got it. I now know with my growing knowledge that this box is way to small for these subs IMO. But i will sell as is, they still work great, one is new i bought because we got the box with one subs VC burned up. So selling 3 T1 D4 15s on CL for like 350 ish. Here are some pics & vids. What do you guys think? Oh i have them running off my T1500 in 1 ohm mode and they took it like a champ!

RFT115picsampvids006_zps8a43b7c1.jpg

RFT115picsampvids007_zps6d6507ed.jpg

RFT115picsampvids008_zpsc611a8ab.jpg

RFT115picsampvids009_zps7df3743e.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Solid these subs & enclosure 2 weeks ago for $300. I demo'd them for the guy off my T1500. He text me 4 days later and says somethings wrong. So i met up with the next day and he took the to a local shop to have a older Apline mono amp hooked up and wiring kit into his newer Yukon. So i brought the dmm to chech the ohms on the box. When i sold them they where reading .6-.7 ohms.

I told the guy i couldnt be responsible for for anything someone else did. He turns subs one and they are hitting hard, i check ohms and now reading 2.7 and i look down and there was a pile of screw in the back. Each sub had 4 screws in it. Who ever hooked up the amp went in and rewired something and forgot to put screws back in and the right side sub bottom had loosened up and was out of box about an inch.

I showed him and told him to call the shop back up and make it right and that i could help him. He spent $150 for the amp and $200 to install it. I hate it when people to shitty work.

Never heard back from him. I even told him to give the shop my # if they wanted to call me to verify what i had done to the box and the condition it was in when i sold it.

I never heard from them either.

Archived