Second Skin Audio

Wall Socket LBM sub @ 220 Volts AC (Vid Inside) !!!!

LBM

How bad did it smell?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Guy's please don't flame me on this question . Wonder what that would have done in a port box plugged into 220 ?? Because its loud as hell setting there taking 220 like A Boss Son. Was Wonder just to see what it sounded like for a fast test . Than put it back on wooden broad to finish it off. Because as said it was loud being played free air, And how my mind works. first thought was how damn loud you think that would get in a box. People

How bad did it smell?

It was bad after 10-12 mins. Before that it was fine.

Guy's please don't flame me on this question . Wonder what that would have done in a port box plugged into 220 ?? Because it loud as hell setting there taking 220 like A Boss Son.

That would have be a different scenario as the rise would have been less which will make more current to pass and failing the subs sooner than in free air !!!

Im not sure what frequency 220 volts is in india, either 50 or 60 hertz. Would have been one loud burp!

50hz at 220 volts AC

How many amps does the wallsocket give,and it looks like you have the coils in series right.

The socket is of 15 amps but can give a max 20 amps before the breaker trips !!! Yes, the coil are in series which are dual 1.5 ohms coil. So the final load was of 3 ohms. After the test only one coil gave again the other one was still showing correct resistance !!!

The sub in question is designed/assembled and made by me !! Selling it under the brand of LBM

Archived