mmets Posted November 26, 2013 Report Posted November 26, 2013 I recently started to put some gear in the truck and this past weekend installed my focal K2P in the front doors and the crescendo mezzo 6.5's in kick panels in the floor. I will post pics at some point and update my build log also. I tend to just work without taking too many pics and its getting cold out here on the east coast so was just trying to get it done and get warm. These are running through a pioneer head unit then through the 3sixty.3, dc 175.4. I am only comparing these too my Focals, JL components and my Q Series MB Quarts For the price I paid (even was given a military discount) these are truly great speakers. I have not tuned to 3sixty.3 that much but they play great. The tweets are clear and the mids sound very nice with very nice clear mid bass. I honestly believe they sound better at full tilt off my amp but are more than worth the price for the set. Of course I may not say they are better than the Focals but for under 250 I was surprised. If you are looking for a nice set of components that wont break the bank these are a good choice. I am not a SQ guy or have the best knowledge but I have gone through many brands in the past 20 years messing stuff up in all my vehicles. Hopefully I can get the system tuned up some more and even get more out of these. Sorry about the write up here. Just wanted to put my two cents out there on these speakers. Was asked before for this and since they are in and have listened to them a few days wanted to write something up. Also I am in no way trying to sell these, promote them or bash any other brand. Just simply letting you all know they are decent for the money and worth it IMO. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/Pioneer DEH-80PRSPRV 8MR400-NDY (eight) PRV TW350Ti (6)Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gaugeTM Metalworkz battery terminals 120 sqft HushmatXS Power D3100 (6)Singer 350 Amp Alt Singer 320 (2)American Bass SQL3200 JL Audio JX360/4 Crossfire XS 8K (2) DC Audio XL 15s (6)
bcbrassard Posted November 26, 2013 Report Posted November 26, 2013 right on buddy! Thats what the forums for... to info. Everyones looking to expand there knowledge and your opinion helps. Definately pics and maybe a video of those bad boys playing would help. I got ya beat on the weather, where having a heat right now, Its 30 degrees out! lol had been at 0 w/ wind chill factor. Get back from a vacation from Cali and froze my ass off. Had to book a Hawaii trip to help keep me warn. Happy turkey Day.
graham0599 Posted November 26, 2013 Report Posted November 26, 2013 Ya i'd like a vid too! My 350z build- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174424-2008-350z-build/page-2?hl=%2B350z+%2Bbuild#entry2605678
egnolac26 Posted November 26, 2013 Report Posted November 26, 2013 I just ordered them should be in next week. I'm in for a video too.. Do they get loud with the 175.4.
DylanBunch Posted November 26, 2013 Report Posted November 26, 2013 i just ordered mine a couple days ago as well, i want a video!! 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
mmets Posted November 26, 2013 Author Report Posted November 26, 2013 I still have some tuning to do but I will be out side messing with them for a bit tonight and will hopefully finish up tomorrow at some point. Not working too hard tomorrow of course. I will get a vid up tonight or tomorrow, more than likely tomorrow though but if I can get them tuned a little bit better I will aim for tonight. As for the pics I have a few of them in my build log which should take care of wanting to see the pics of them...........ok enough rambling. need to get out there so I can get some work done here. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/Pioneer DEH-80PRSPRV 8MR400-NDY (eight) PRV TW350Ti (6)Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gaugeTM Metalworkz battery terminals 120 sqft HushmatXS Power D3100 (6)Singer 350 Amp Alt Singer 320 (2)American Bass SQL3200 JL Audio JX360/4 Crossfire XS 8K (2) DC Audio XL 15s (6)
mmets Posted November 26, 2013 Author Report Posted November 26, 2013 http://youtu.be/fFZuljRxsJA http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/Pioneer DEH-80PRSPRV 8MR400-NDY (eight) PRV TW350Ti (6)Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gaugeTM Metalworkz battery terminals 120 sqft HushmatXS Power D3100 (6)Singer 350 Amp Alt Singer 320 (2)American Bass SQL3200 JL Audio JX360/4 Crossfire XS 8K (2) DC Audio XL 15s (6)
mmets Posted November 26, 2013 Author Report Posted November 26, 2013 After seeing this not the best by any means. I didn't tune yet and the gain is down a little low right now. Plus the kicks I think need to be turned in a little bit. But it is a video at the end of the day. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/Pioneer DEH-80PRSPRV 8MR400-NDY (eight) PRV TW350Ti (6)Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gaugeTM Metalworkz battery terminals 120 sqft HushmatXS Power D3100 (6)Singer 350 Amp Alt Singer 320 (2)American Bass SQL3200 JL Audio JX360/4 Crossfire XS 8K (2) DC Audio XL 15s (6)
DylanBunch Posted November 27, 2013 Report Posted November 27, 2013 still sounds awesome!! appreciate the video man 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
egnolac26 Posted November 27, 2013 Report Posted November 27, 2013 Sounds clean. I'll be putting up my build log next week. Thanks for sharing.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.