Sundown Audio

2 amps together or separate?

Nubcakeninja

Since I am running the amps in question I have tried both ways. Do not strap them. The amps can be ran master/slave so one amp settings control both amps. When I took the bd sync off my amps they performed much better. Just run each one at 1 ohm if possible and you will be happy.

No System......GFY

not too worried about the electrical haha i have a 350a singer alt one extra battery but have my eye on a couple more extra xs powers haha and so if i were to strap them, and im doing 2 subs what coils configs would i have to do to get that 2ohm load im looking for?

1995 Blazer lt 4dr

2 t1d412s

1 t2500.1bd

4 polk audio door speakers

2 dash speakers(coming soon)

1 amp to run my mids and highs(coming soon)

If you are going to run 2 subs they have to be dual 2 ohms. But as I stated I wouldn't strap them. Mine put out bigger sound and more power unstrapped. Just remember once you buy the dual 2 ohm subs and strap them if you decide to unstrap the amps and run the separate you will need to re-cone the subs to dual 1 ohms to get back to 1 ohm per amp. Just a reminder

No System......GFY

I would not strap them. I was running two of those amps and I did not strap them. But please read below thread before making final decision. (It's important you read thread)

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/173028-why-people-not-like-strapping-amps/

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived