Triticum Agricolam Posted December 5, 2013 Report Posted December 5, 2013 Can you tell me if the port I posted above is correct? An SA-10 tuned to 35hz in a 1.25ft^3 box should have a round 4" port 19" long? Yup, that's right. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
jarrius Posted December 5, 2013 Report Posted December 5, 2013 Once again did you calculate port and sub displacement? If you did not you tuning will be off and you box will be smaller then what you think it is. Edit: you can get your subs displacement from where you bought it from. Port displacement I don't know how to figure lol but it needs to be factored in 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
bcbrassard Posted December 5, 2013 Report Posted December 5, 2013 I think Q-logic might have a box that replaces factory seat bottom. If so it wont be cheap but retaiins factory look and adds bass up front. Just an option no one else has mentioned.
Nubster Posted December 5, 2013 Author Report Posted December 5, 2013 Once again did you calculate port and sub displacement? If you did not you tuning will be off and you box will be smaller then what you think it is. Edit: you can get your subs displacement from where you bought it from. Port displacement I don't know how to figure lol but it needs to be factored in I did not but the displacement is only .10 ft^3 so the box would still be in the recommended range. I don't think it would be much to bump it up slightly though to accommodate the sub displacement. I don't have a clue on the port either though...how to figure that in. I'm guessing it would be around .15 ft^3 but I could be way off.
Nubster Posted December 5, 2013 Author Report Posted December 5, 2013 I think Q-logic might have a box that replaces factory seat bottom. If so it wont be cheap but retaiins factory look and adds bass up front. Just an option no one else has mentioned. Checked...not for my year truck. There's others though that have boxes that fit under the rear seat. I considered them...still am, but I kinda like the idea of building my own box too. Of course I could build one under the rear seats, I'd have to do fiberglass though to make it work. It's something I might play with in the future if I don't like the console box idea.
Jose luis 12 Posted December 6, 2013 Report Posted December 6, 2013 my center console box is 1.23 cubic feet. has an l shaped port tuned to 32 hz. slams really good. running a kicker cvx 12, with a kicker zx 1000.1 have a 2.5 inch clearance from floor to sub. dimensions are 24.5 x 15. 9.5' in depth. (these are outside dimensions using 3/4 inch mdf) port sizes. port length 1: 7" x 13.5"port length 2: 16" x 13.5"
Aj11 Posted December 6, 2013 Report Posted December 6, 2013 if you have a smart phone there's a bunch of apps that will help you. if i were you i would build as big as i can! build your own cup holders in.it if need be and tune as low as possible! my ideal box for your application would be 2 cubic feet tuned to 30hz if not a Lil lower. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Nubster Posted December 6, 2013 Author Report Posted December 6, 2013 I'll do some math tonight and see how big I can comfortably build in the space that I have.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.