DC Sound Lab

May have a defect in one of my new subs..?

are you sure you pressed squarely on the cone? if the sub plays fine im wondering if you didn't press at a bit of an angle and just rubbed the coil slightly

if you dont hear any rubbing while playing then you might have not pressed the cone evenly. try doing it again but make sure your press down on it evenly

Just checked it again..

I can press directly under the dc logo and get it to rub.its a noticeable rub that you can hear and feel. now if i even it out and press above it as well it doesnt rub if thats what your meaning by square. Is it normal to hear this type of rub because this would be my first one..

And im not pressing it at a angle where it would angle the vc to it.

Edited by Sethorama

its normal because the pressure is not even making it rub.. if you press evenly and not hear it then there is no issue.. recording a video and posting it can help a lot

its normal because the pressure is not even making it rub.. if you press evenly and not hear it then there is no issue.. recording a video and posting it can help a lot

i understand what your saying... I just dont understand why this one does it and my other doesnt..

Give me a few momments and ill make a video

If youre pressing on one side yiu are pressing at an angle.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

If you are pressing evenly on the dustcap and it does not rub, there is nothing wrong. Does the coil seem to move freely when you press down or is it tough to press?

Its pretty stiff. Like i said it sounded fine when i was playing it. it just rubs only on one side if i push down on it. also if i poke on the dust cap it sound different as well if that makes any sense..

When you just press on the 1 side, you are causing the coil to tilt. The suspension on that sub is not that stiff to prevent you from doing that.

Can you shine a flashlight in the gap vents in the bottom of the sub and see if you can see even spacing between the coil and the pole.