Sonic Electronix

*sticky* Free Tech support

Rule in everything audio world.

Read up on cascading

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Starting to look it up and get some info. But based on previous expriance it seems that the "bad practice" of doubling up has been around for years and continues to be used. How many systems do we see using whatever type of high pass electronic x-over feeding a passively crossed over component set. ( this is just one example.)

Thanks for the direction, I'll study up.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

O yes.

A very common bad practice.

Not sayin i dont ever do it. Just that its considered bad practice.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I'm trying to get the slope a little steeper for a few sets of Boston Pro Series components ( the older ones with the Plexi window in teh x-over)

I'm running a a Fosgate EPX2 which has a 12db slope.

i've X'ed the sub over at 100 on the low.

Sent 100 and above to the rears ( 5.25" set)

and sent 250 and above to the fronts (4" set)

I'm hitting them all with 85 watts RMS and it seems they cant hang ( at least the rears) with playing that low with that wattage at that crossover frequency with that slope. If I bump up the x-over frequency to the rears I'll have a gap between 100Hz to whatever i Cross the rears over since I will not x-over my subs any higher than 100hz.

Any imput, besides getting some stouter mid bass drivers :)

BTW, the amps are not using their internal cross overs, thus the reason for the initial question.

Damn, I just realized then the speakers would be run by 3 x-overs in cascade

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Just raise the freq.

Home theater system, 1 6.5" focal p.e buyout .5 cube enclosure. Port or not? I got two 1" pvc for 50hz.

Also dayton 10" SD270A-88. Now in 1.3 at 28.

Thinking of a 2.0ft at 26. Sound good?

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

When running subs over their rms wattage should i build the enclosure smaller to control the cone better? I think i have heard this before, I just wanted to ask your opinion. I can give more details if needed.

Archived