Sonic Electronix

*sticky* Free Tech support

BROTHER RAY,

I JUST POSTED a querry earlier but coudlnt get ur attention,here it is i would paste it again & hope your suggestion / input on that, i am a beginner so looking for your advice if u get time.

thanks...

"any idea about soundstream xxx 10000 d amp, some goods & bads about it ..... i was going to set it up with dual 4 ohm solo x 18, & same time was looking for some suggestions for the box & no. of batteries , should i just go as per manual & build the box or their could be other choices avilable like some magical box specs....

& i do have ,mechman alternator 240 amp.

thanks

Question, the floral foam that you used to mold the door is the molding foam from Mobile Solutions the same thing or similar? I will post a link below.

http://mobilesolutions-usa.com/smartparts/fiberglass.htm

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Yes that foam is the same.

As for the ss amp.

2-3 batteries

At least 1 alt.

As for the box.

Post on the regular forum.

Make sure to include what car you have.

That is needed info.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Hey Ray, if I was doing a box with a port 4" wide by 9" tall and 28" long, and I had to make it split, well not have to but want to, I would need to make each side 2" right? Would something like this work? Each side is half the 28". Or do both sides have to be 28" but only 2" wide?

Dual10sinreardeckenclosurewithfrontportthroughwindowview.jpg

Dual10sinreardeckenclosurewithfrontportside.jpg

This is the back where the port opening is the 4" wide and then it's 9" tall.

The subs would go through the rear deck, they're on top of the box, and then the port would go through a ski hole opening in the back seat. Everything is already sealed off, I used to have an IB set up in my car.

Dual10sinreardeckenclosurewithfrontport.jpg

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

In a bind I did a integration in a 2012 KIA sportage with uvo, I tied into the sub out out of the amp and disconnected the sub , two months go by and the vehicle loses all sound I tested the power coming to the amp that was good so then I pulled out the amp and tore it apart it has a burnt surface mount transistor , I want to retain the uvo so my question is is there a way to tie into the spdif I think that's correct( it has digital inputs ) to run a four channel , the factory amp is just over 700 bucks sooooo any help is good thanks

• 2 weeks later...

need help with the wiring in my 2007 Kia Spectra.

trying to wire an alpine cda117

there are two pink wires for the head unit, which one is power and what is the other one? I've seen a couple different things about both.

also can you tell me where the remote turn on should go. the wire I thought it was didn't turn it on

Hi! im new to the forum hopefully someone can help me out here. here's the thing ive been buying my system in parts, i have a alpine deck, 3 alpines type r's (2012 model (1000 rms)) all of them are dual 2 ohms wired at 1.33 ohms . i have them running off a rockford fosgate punch 1000-bp that i just got yesterday, i know that the bass punch or bass boost oh whatever the name is shouldnt be use, ONLY gains but when i turn up my gain the type r's barely move, they are in a box together the box is tuned to 35 hertz,but when i use the bass boost they move how they are suppose too, BUT they get a little warm NOT hot but WARM they dont smell or anything they just get warm from the middle of the speaker, my volts drop to about 12.3 volts on the heavy songs, as for my electrical is not that good, i have a stock alt and a stock battery that is pretty bad i think and running a 6 Gauge wire for ground and power for the amp LOL i know its bad but its only untill this monday when im getting my Zero Gauge cadence cable that i just order, i havent done the big 3 to this suv but im planning on doing everything and running 2 batteries, my question is that if my amp not pushing the subs with just the gain because it needs all the electrical to be done first ? and also is it bad for a sub to warm up, it only gets warm not HOT, also my amp has 3 settings one is my gain, the other is my bass boost and the other one is some kind of frequency thing, where does the frequency should be set to?

• 3 weeks later...

hey i have a memphis baby bell amp and im not getting any power too it. so i put a multimeter to it and i get 13.3V from the battery, but i only get 3.9mV after the power fuse. and i was wondering if this is normal or is my fuse blown? the fuse it self doesnt have any sign of being blown but im stumped on why i cant get power to this amp. (remote is good) thank you!

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm 16 and this summer I got into a some what big system I'd like to think. It's nothing fancy like Fiberglas and all that. Just a few custom things here and there but nothing compared to what everybody else does. I'm running 2 alpine type r 12's in a custom slot ported box. There is 0 gauge front to back. Alternator wired 0 gauge and several ( 8 ) grounds all together. I bought a alpine Mrx-m240 which does 2600 rms the subs are 1000 rms each. I have three car batteries nothing special just regular batteries. Well when I turn the volume up to high (past 24) the amp shuts off. It seems like certain frequencys make it shut off. The lowest I've seen the amp playing at full bore is 12.4 volts but still randomly shuts off. What's the problem I don't get this part. I'm personally guessing I don't have enough amps and volts to power the big amp. Is that right?

Archived