Sonic Electronix

*sticky* Free Tech support

Hey ray, I got a 1994 chevy full size blazer.

Has the radio controls up by the gear shift and then eq controls lower on the dash

I pulled then both, but the were hard wired? I was not able to find any stock wiring harness.

Am I going to have to rewire for a aftermarket stereo?

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

• 1 month later...

Hi there I have a question that really need help with please. I just bought a 1998 Infiniti Q45t and I'm putting in 2- DC Audio 18XL M2's running on a 5K DC amp. My question is this I'm phoning around my town (Kelowna B.C. Canada) to find a bigger Alternator and keep gting the run around. Some people are telling me I can't upgrade it because of the CPU. What size alt should get and do you have a brand and model #? I have no juice left in the car th lights are dimming ect....and I've done the big 3 as well as added a fair sized second battery in my truck and still not enough. PLEASE HELP me find a alt that will more then power the car/system and not "hurt" the car...lol

Thanx so much!!!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

T Line box yay or nay?!... I have two 12" Pioneer TSW3002D4 3500 watt max subs. Wanting to build a T Line box as I heard they give bet sound anywho was wondering if I could build a box to spec that would be able to accompany both subs without being massively huge. This setup would be going in a 99 Yukon so I have quite a bit of room or do u think I would e better off just building a single box and going with one woofer?!... Also if u have a tline design for this sub would be awesome looking to build the box tho weekend

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been wondering this...and I'm new to car audio so don't laugh if this is a stupid question...

I have 2 4ohm 12" subs witch run at 250W rms each...my amp is an alpine mrv-m500 witch has 500 watts rms. but what i dont understand is what it says about the watts in the amp specs...it says something like 500w @ 2Ohm x 1 or sumthing...Can you look those up real quick and tell me if I am getting the 500w rms...250 watts split down the middle to both my 250w subs?

Thanks!

Hook both of the subwoofer positives to the positive of the amp output section.

Hook both of the subwoofer negatives to the negative of the amp output section.

Then your subs will be getting 250 watts rms each. 500 watts split between them.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ray I have to questions for you. Im getting ready to redo my door speakers im thinking (3) 6 1/2 in each door and 3 tweeters per door. Should I run them off of 3 separate amps or can I wire them together and put them on the same anmp? Same with the tweeters? Not sure what im putting in yet but we can go with 100 watts per speaker just for a idea. My second question is alittle tougher then the first. I installed a set of hid headlights in my car. Its a 2002 pontiac grand prix. The headlights are hid 35 watt 10k h1 bulbs and in having a issue getting them to come on all the time. Some times the left one comes on with the switch and the right one doesnt sometimes the right comes on and the left doesnt. I disabled my day time running lights and imbgetting 14.4 at the lights when I try to turn them on. Ive done alittle trouble shooting already I by past the switch and went straight for the battery to the lights and get the same result. Ive changed the bulbs and get the same thing. Do you thinkbit could be the ballist? Have you had many problems with thise going bad? Any help would be appreciated

Archived