Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

*sticky* Free Tech support


Recommended Posts

Posted

no current

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Posted

nope, you will end up with either 8 ohm or 2 ohm

what amp do you have that is 4 ohm mono???

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Posted

nope, you will end up with either 8 ohm or 2 ohm

what amp do you have that is 4 ohm mono???

the amp is an old Directed 1500d. I know it's good for 1 ohm, but I am going to throw it on two alpine type e 10's that are 4 ohms. I'll just run it at 2 ohms and set the gain accordingly.
Posted

hey ray,

i have 2 re se 15s wire at 1ohm to an audiopipe 1500.1d and just the other day i turned my car on and everytime my subs hit a bass note there is this dirty nasty mechanical sound? any idea what it might be? i thought maybe i wired it wrong but everything checked out. ill try to get you a video of the dirty nasty sound. any help is GREATLY appreciated!

you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy.

Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion

Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD

Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials

Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs

Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D

Audiopipe AP1504

Enclosure:: Sealed

Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0

Battery:: Kinetik HC600

  • 2 months later...
Posted

I have a question on my front end staging. Below I will put the info on my current setup as well.

I made an inpatient mistake and bumped my system without fully setting it up. I knew I was doing wrong but did not think I would blow my tweeters.

I had a set of Seas H1397-04 27TAFNC/D Compact neodymium magnet tweeters. To be honest I am unsure of what the mids are in my doors I swore we put RS125-4 5" Reference Series but then actually believe they are ScanSpeak 15W/4531G Revelator 5.5" unless I pull off my door panels I won’t know for sure.

I blew my tweeters because I was inpatient and didn’t connect resistors and caps to them and their connected directly to the mids that are connected to the Xtant 603.

I needed to buy new tweeters but then saw a set of Rockford Fosgate T1T 1.1" Hard Anodized Aluminum Inverted Dome Tweeters with crossover and figured this would be good they come with crossovers

I saw a full set with mids deal I couldn’t pass up new ROCKFORD FOSGATE T162S 6.5" COMPONENT SPEAKERS $120.00 shipped so I purchased them and now when I received them the magnets are smaller they’re way lighter then the SEAS and unsure if my impulsive decision was a good one.

Here are the Specs of my set up please let me know if the SEAS are the better choice or are the Rockford a great decision. I listen to hard hitting bass music of course and R&B and still like SQ as well I need help I am so indecisive…

My setup currently: 2006 Nissan Titan XE Crew Cab (4Door)

Kenwood KVT 915-DVD, 15” Re XXX at 1200 watts, Components/ Center channel: Seas Audio & “ Possibly Dayton Reference

For the front end Xtant – 603X: Number of Channels 3 Watts per Channel 4 Ohm 2 x 75 + 1 x 150 Watts per Channel 2 Ohm 2 x 150 + 1 x 300 Front Channels bridged mono

at 4 Ohms 1 x 300 on the sub I am running the Xtant 1001X

Here are the specs on the tweeters

SEAS

Posted Image

Here are the Rockfords

Description Value

Configuration 2-Way Component System

Midrange Diameter 6.5"

Midrange Depth 2.7"

Tweeter Diameter 1.1"

Tweeter Depth n/a

Frequency Response 60Hz - 22kHz

Power Handling 100 Watts RMS

200 Watts Max

Crossover Low-Pass (LP) 12dB

High-Pass (HP): 24dB

Sensitivity 89dB @ 1 watt/1 meter

Grilles Included Yes

Mounting Hardware Yes

PLEASE HELP

1999 - 2Door Chevy Tahoe

Kenwood KVT 915-DVD II 15” RE XXX (Fi Recone) II Components/ Center channel: Seas Audio, ScanSpea&k Dayton Reference II

Amp’s: Xtant – 603 & 1001 Chipped & Tuned II

Misc. Team PowerMaster Batt Cell, Xstatic 2000 Batcap, Street wires Zero Oxygen RCA Cables, 0 Gauge through out II Security Clifford Intelliguard 770

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I have a 2000 Toyota 4runner and need to build a ported box for 2 15" Rockford Fosgate HX2 4 ohms . Do you have any blueprints floating around that you could throw my way?? Trying to get 2 more subs but always out of my reach!!! Is it possible to fit 4 hx2 inside a 4runner? Space that I can work with is 40" wide, 34" tall and probably 33" depth. I would greatly appreciate the help!!!

Posted

I was wondering if its important to use wire terminals for the wire that goes into the amp. Should i use terminals or is it ok to just stip the wire and put it in the inputs? also how does this speaker wire work? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3944_Kicker+SW1220.html# Is it one wire or is the blue positive and gray negative?

DCBanner.jpg

1 DC lvl 4 15"

1 Hifonics BXi 1608D

3.2ft^3 Box tuned to 32-33Hz

Knu Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0

Knu Karma SS 8 Gauge Speaker Wire

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X493 Head Unit (coming soon)

Kenwood mids + highs (coming soon)

Build

Posted

I was wondering if its important to use wire terminals for the wire that goes into the amp. Should i use terminals or is it ok to just stip the wire and put it in the inputs? also how does this speaker wire work? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3944_Kicker+SW1220.html# Is it one wire or is the blue positive and gray negative?

its 2 different wires, it doesnt matter which one you use as positive and which as negative. they're both exactly the same.

i dont think you would really need to use those wire terminal spade/fork things. i just put them straight in the terminal but be careful of fraying

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 830 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...