Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

*sticky* Free Tech support


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi, Ive got a question..What exactly is the junction box? Ive seen on some videos people hook up wires for a tachometer gauge or alarm system and I was wondering what exacly are the wires connected to it.. Thanks in adv.

Posted

depends on the vehicle.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Posted

so what do you want to know?

In english please.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Posted

Sorry haha..I wanted to kno what exactly a junction box was and what was its purpose. I searched the internet but nothing was descriptive enough.

Posted

I have 4 mtx 7500 15s I just installed the other day to a mtx 1501d amp. I don't think it is the sub because I disconnected each one and tested them 1 by 1 and turned up the volume and there was no poping/knocking noise. Then I connected all 4 and when it get to a cretain volume it starts to pop/knock again. I have no clue what it could be any suggestions?

Posted

So when I start my cars my subs do a small bump.. I heard this is bad..? What do I need to do?

that's your remote turn-on wire doing that you just need to run a jumper from 12v to rem spot correct.

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

Posted

Alright I have a question. I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Mirage LS Coupe that not to long ago I replace all of the sound system. I have JL Audio in the doors and back, and I know I will catch some heat for this a Dual (brand) Sub-woofer in the trunk. The 4 speakers are powered by a JL Audio e4300(45wX4 4ch), my sub by the ol RF Punch 501s (1500w 2ch), and all ran by a Kenwood Excelon X493. I have all my RCAs ran on the driver side and the power and remote ran on the passenger side. Both amps are mounted on the sub box in the trunk. My problem is, is that I am getting engine noise from the bass RCAs but its coming out of my back speakers not the sub-woofers themselves. Right now I have a ground loop on the RCAs for the bass and that gets rid of the noise. I want to know if there is a way to get rid of it the noise without using it. The power cable is ran from my car's battery which is Duralast gold. It powers both amps using a distributor block and same with the ground going out. Ground is connected to the back seat bolt, where I sanded the paint off to make a good contact.

I'll appreciate any suggestions on how to fix it or make it better. If pictures of the set up are needed let me know.

Thanks.

2002 Mitsubishi Mirage

Duralast Gold Battery (800 Amps)

2 JL Audio 5 1/4s

2 JL Audio 6 1/2s

Dual BP1204 Sub-woofer (600w RMS 1100w Peak)

Rockford Fosgate Punch 501s 2ch (1500w Peak running at 500w RMS 4ohm bridged)

JL Audio e4300 4ch (45w x4 RMS)

Kenwood Excelon KDC X-493 Head unit w/ 4.0V preouts

Scosche power Wiring and RCAs

Monster Audio Cable

  • 5 months later...
Posted

Is this thread still active?

Well first off this is my first post and would just like to say that what I said on the youtube was not meant to be disrespectful...

Anyways, I am trying to get all my speakers on amps.

I have an 8awg power wire to the back of the trunk (1996 gmc jimmy 4 door)

I have a sony 40w x4 amp for the dash (40w 4x6") and I need a 60w x2 for the front doors (in the future I might need a 4 way as I'm going to get the same speakers for the rear)

I was wondering the best way to wire those speakers to amps.

I ran speaker wire to the head unit but I get static as they are un-shielded.

New to amps/aftermarket speakers.

i suck men dry...email me for details

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1822 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...