Sonic Electronix

*sticky* Free Tech support

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

• 1 month later...

Hey I sorta got a problem. I'm running a 1400W pioneer champion series 12 inch sub running off a 1200W pioneer mono. When I crank the sub for a period of time it starts to make a clakcing noise coming from inside the box or something. At the moment im just securing the wires on the inside to make sure they don't bounce around when the sub gets moving. Not an urgent problem either.

clipping and distortion is whats causing it id bet

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Hey I sorta got a problem. I'm running a 1400W pioneer champion series 12 inch sub running off a 1200W pioneer mono. When I crank the sub for a period of time it starts to make a clakcing noise coming from inside the box or something. At the moment im just securing the wires on the inside to make sure they don't bounce around when the sub gets moving. Not an urgent problem either.

yes as n8 said u have clipping thus causing distortion. plz refer to this link on setting your gains to not have clipping. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/14666-calculating-gain-voltage/page__hl__setting+gain

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

I have one 18 and i wanted to know whats the best box building supplies to use like types of screws, glue and the type/thickness of the wood. also the best type of bracing i should use and if i need to double baffle

149.4 Db @ 30Hz Outlaw With One 15" Fi Team Sub, Trunk Build. !!!!!Hair Tricks!!!!!

Check Out The Build Log http://www.stevemead...0-4-and-t400-4/

Watch The Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jcplaya3

sigpb.jpg

clipping and distortion is whats causing it id bet

The thing is it's not a sound due to the HU or AMP cause I tried it on a different amp and HU, it's more of a physical noise it doesn't happen every hit just some of the time...

box is too big . is it ported could be port noise. The list goes on and on. where are you located.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived