Winn Posted December 7, 2011 Report Posted December 7, 2011 installed the unit today. And i put the relay in Connected like the way you said... I checked all connections and i was getting power with a circuit tester... and the DVD wont even work with it being in park help? You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back. JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE
Ray Posted December 7, 2011 Author Report Posted December 7, 2011 You did it wrong. 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
CJ18 Posted December 7, 2011 Report Posted December 7, 2011 Ray, I have severe motor noise coming from my tweeter when I rev my engine and just an annoying hum while at idle. I have tried grounding my RCAs to the headunit without luck. What else could I do that may get rid of this? I am running my 4 channel RCAS to a Kicker KX3 and then running the front channel with a 20x crossover to 1 side of 1 of my 175.4s. I am splitting the other rear channel 3 times with a standard crossover to the other 3 sets on the 2 175.4s but do not get any noise through the mids in the doors. Can you help? Thanks Cody Any idea on mine Ray?
Ray Posted December 7, 2011 Author Report Posted December 7, 2011 Just in 1 tweeter? 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
CJ18 Posted December 7, 2011 Report Posted December 7, 2011 Just in 1 tweeter? Best I can tell it is all of them. Of the 8 channels I have, 6 are hooked up to mids and only 2 are hooked up to tweeters. I hear no audible motor noise from the mids, only the tweeters.
Ray Posted December 7, 2011 Author Report Posted December 7, 2011 Rca's Bad xover Bad location for the tweeter xover Pos tweeter xover Super rare but bad tweeter wire runs. Rarely does induced noise happen on high level runs but it is possible. Ok... Go start elim each step, 1by1 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
CJ18 Posted December 7, 2011 Report Posted December 7, 2011 I am not using regular crossovers, I am running just the kicker KX3. Could this still be the problem?
Winn Posted December 7, 2011 Report Posted December 7, 2011 Alright that was pretty uh simple. I dont understand What is the middle pin used for? It says like 87a you dont do anything with that? I hooked it up to the outer pins with a good ground. The headunit work itself but it doesnt want to play any DVDs it says its strictly prohibit while vehicle is in motion when in park.. Could it be a bad relay my dad gave it to me. Its a marine one with a bunch of waterproofing and stuff so its hard to see the numbers but i could see them. i based it off the link below but you have to switch 30 and 86 pins then it would be the exact same as the diagram i went off of. sorry i couldnt find it.. http://www.google.com/imgres?q=12v+relay+diagram&hl=en&safe=active&gbv=2&biw=1280&bih=839&tbm=isch&tbnid=kq0Te89ZChRFmM:&imgrefurl=http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D269027&docid=4G4nTpkbktzN5M&imgurl=http://rthompson.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/relay-connector-diagram.gif&w=150&h=150&ei=DZLfToaRJMultweT8-X8CQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1088&vpy=613&dur=10400&hovh=120&hovw=120&tx=79&ty=112&sig=115688790616610598387&page=3&tbnh=120&tbnw=120&start=41&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:21,s:41 is that the right diagram for the relay? cuz i went off a different one. Where the 30 and 86 from that link is switched places on my diagram You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back. JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE
Ray Posted December 7, 2011 Author Report Posted December 7, 2011 That diagram is wrong. 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Winn Posted December 7, 2011 Report Posted December 7, 2011 good thing i didnt go by that diagram... I will get the exact one up later tonight sorry for confusing you You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back. JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.