soundsystemaniac Posted February 1, 2012 Report Posted February 1, 2012 Got a question for ya ray...my buddys got a 2006 dodge RAM 1500 with the most basic trim package. It has the 1.5 din factory radio and we r installing a double din pioneer radio. My question is...where can I find the correct dash kit for the truck? All I can find Is the oem factory nav trim bezel. And im not sure if I can mount the pioneer properly with the factory brackets Edit: Damn spell check Lmao Chevy astro 2 18s and 9k rms Walled!http://www.stevemead...rms-42-inch-tv/JEEP GRAN CHEROKEE SRT8 BUILD!2 JL AUDIO 15s trunk buildDC XL 15 buildDC level 3 18 buildhttp://www.stevemead...verunner-build/ http://www.facebook....hp?id=646651228
Ray Posted February 1, 2012 Author Report Posted February 1, 2012 Factory nav bezel and then go to bestkits.com And search for the kit. Simple 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
soundsystemaniac Posted February 1, 2012 Report Posted February 1, 2012 Thanks. Just wanted to be sure Chevy astro 2 18s and 9k rms Walled!http://www.stevemead...rms-42-inch-tv/JEEP GRAN CHEROKEE SRT8 BUILD!2 JL AUDIO 15s trunk buildDC XL 15 buildDC level 3 18 buildhttp://www.stevemead...verunner-build/ http://www.facebook....hp?id=646651228
hdorre Posted February 1, 2012 Report Posted February 1, 2012 Hey Ray.. Ill try to make this short without leaving out anything important. I just bought a Velleman HPS10 oscope a couple days ago. Im trying to configure it, but am stuck on one step. I cant set up the x10 measuring probe. I set the scope and probe to the 10x position. I also set the voltage/division to 1v and time/division to .1ms I think I set it to AC mode too. Does the "~" sign symbolize AC mode? When I touch the "Probe Test" point on the back of the scope, the screen of the oscope doesnt appear to show a signal because its blank. The directions say to adjust the trimmer. What exactly is the trimmer? Also, should the negative probe be grounded in this step? If so, what should it be grounded to? Thanks in advance for the help. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Ray Posted February 1, 2012 Author Report Posted February 1, 2012 Trimmer is the gain adjustment for that channel. ~ is ac volts The ground lead needs to be hooked up in order to complete the circuit 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
hdorre Posted February 1, 2012 Report Posted February 1, 2012 Thanks. The yellow "knob" on top is the trimmer, correct? Can the ground lead just be connected to an amps (-) speaker output? On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
scooter99 Posted February 1, 2012 Report Posted February 1, 2012 Hi Ray, I have a quick port question. If I have a wedge box in the trunk of my car against the back seat. Obviously I need space so the subs don't hit. This is about the port though. The port woudl go through the rear seat pass thru hole. If that front of the port is an angle cut to match the angle of the wedge on the box, does the inside need to be angle cut as well? So say the port needs to be 10" long, hypothetically. As long as the port is 10" total can the inside end of the port be square or does it have to be angle cut like the outside end? Does that make sense? Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Ray Posted February 1, 2012 Author Report Posted February 1, 2012 So your doing a bandpass?? And ... Yes and yes on the scope question 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
scooter99 Posted February 1, 2012 Report Posted February 1, 2012 Yes. I guess I could've posted the sketchup pics I did. Sorry Here you go. To show the angle In the pics I did the port angled on both ends. I just was curious if it was needed or not. I may not even do this enclosure, takes up a ton of space. It's only a civic, not much space to begin with and I have kids so I need trunk space sometimes. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Ray Posted February 1, 2012 Author Report Posted February 1, 2012 If you go square just account for the length down the middle of the vent 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.