Would adding a second battery to my car be sufficient power for a 3000w system? I have.no drop with my 1000w now on stock salt and battery.

mercury milan
1x SA-15
1x db Drive 1000.1d
1x db Drive 80.4
nexus 7 in dash
fosgate in doors and deck

Id imagine youd get alot of help if you posted in the right section

No. For a 3kw system you will need a H.O. alt and a couple of quality batteries, and of course big 3.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

1000w to 3000 is triple the current. you'll need a high output alt like mechman or dc power if you want to even think about holding decent voltage with 3k. along with a batt or two

as difficult as it may be, its what you'll have to do if you want to run more than what you have now. Big 3, a couple good batteries, 0 gauge run to batteri in back, my advice is shop around for a HO alt, there are more than 2 companies out there. Those happen to be the best but they come at a cost so shop around. So your looking at $600-$1000 to upgrade electrical to run 3k. Just the nature of the beast. Shit aint cheap! Just my 2 cents.

I was trying to avoid a new alt for my car considering the difficulty of changing it in my car

then no 3k for you unless you want to have a bunch of batteries and having to charge them overnight on a kind-of regular basis to keep them charged. stock alt wont keep them charged fully. or if you just like hella voltage drop lol.

Archived