That Loud Focus...USAlternators Hairpin, 4 DD 9515i's in a B pillar on 2 Soundstream XXX-15K's. Caps and Lithium Power. New vids

the down side to fighting impedence rise with lower wiring is your dampening factor goes way down and you lose control of your woofers. most people have never even heard of dampening factor or what its part in the game is.

pioneer as you know, ive already deemed the fate of these woofer on wiring extrememly low, and clipping to shit. you already knew that though.

time for you to get loud on clean power. electrical will help on so many levels.

also i dont want to shit on your sound stream parade like you know i try so hard not to, but maybe switching brands to something else (not necessarily dd) will help out on that dampening factor and give you more control at all impedences.

your box doesnt have enough port to bottom those subs out. your box is also 5 cubes gross and not net isnt it? we need to get you educated on net vs gross volume.

we will talk.

My box is 5.1 cubes net. maybe a little less because of some bracing I added though. and as far as amps go I am actually considering selling the ones I have and

getting the X3 series amps (soundstream of course lol). Joey is running one of the 5K's in his avenger at .5 with no problems at all. plus the dampening factor is like 3 times the amount I have now lol. but ya I wont be wiring to .25 any time soon lol.

anyways. its time for a rebuild anyways. just not positive on what I'm goanna do.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

can i build you a hatch box?

2 12s on a real 5k.

youll be happy

Sorry man. how else am I goanna learn to do things if I let others do it for me. and btw I have 5K+, just no electrical to support it.

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

the down side to fighting impedence rise with lower wiring is your dampening factor goes way down and you lose control of your woofers. most people have never even heard of dampening factor or what its part in the game is.

pioneer as you know, ive already deemed the fate of these woofer on wiring extrememly low, and clipping to shit. you already knew that though.

time for you to get loud on clean power. electrical will help on so many levels.

also i dont want to shit on your sound stream parade like you know i try so hard not to, but maybe switching brands to something else (not necessarily dd) will help out on that dampening factor and give you more control at all impedences.

your box doesnt have enough port to bottom those subs out. your box is also 5 cubes gross and not net isnt it? we need to get you educated on net vs gross volume.

we will talk.

My box is 5.1 cubes net. maybe a little less because of some bracing I added though. and as far as amps go I am actually considering selling the ones I have and

getting the X3 series amps (soundstream of course lol). Joey is running one of the 5K's in his avenger at .5 with no problems at all. plus the dampening factor is like 3 times the amount I have now lol. but ya I wont be wiring to .25 any time soon lol.

anyways. its time for a rebuild anyways. just not positive on what I'm goanna do.

In my opinion, not that it may matter much, but, with what your planning i'd say if your wanting to wire that low I would go with a cresendo 5500. I mean im not saying Soundstream isn't a good company... but if your planning on wiring that low. The crescendo has one of the best damping factors around, better than Rockford Fosgate's t2500 bdcp, and the x3 5k amp from Soundstream.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P1683's

Fi Audio Q 18" D2 ( Currently Own)

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

All SHCA Wires and stuff...

XS Power 4800 ( Stock Replacement)

High Ouput alternator (undecided which company or Amperage.)

Hatch box single 15 3.5-4cuft net

Or

Hatch box 2 12's 4-5cu net

Both 5k rms of course. Either way you go build at least 3 boxes.

1. Port sub up

2. Port back sub up

3. Port to driver side sub up

If i can break a 143 on 1500rms with no testing and volt drop down to 12ish volts you can break a 150 on 5k with testing and electrical.

Fill that hatch door with expanding foam to. Adds weight and you get less flex.

Not saying it will be easy but with testing and work it can be done. You could even do 2 15s in a 6-7cu net box but batteries to support your amps get iffy on room real quick...

Maybe a single 18?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

what amps again? How are those amps doing 3k? Theyre like 299$ right?

I got them for less than that. but new, from soundstream, they are about 500.

we will talk.

In my opinion, not that it may matter much, but, with what your planning i'd say if your wanting to wire that low I would go with a cresendo 5500. I mean im not saying Soundstream isn't a good company... but if your planning on wiring that low. The crescendo has one of the best damping factors around, better than Rockford Fosgate's t2500 bdcp, and the x3 5k amp from Soundstream.

I'm not going to be running below .5 daily again. plus these amps are rated at .5 anyways.

Hatch box single 15 3.5-4cuft net

Or

Hatch box 2 12's 4-5cu net

Both 5k rms of course. Either way you go build at least 3 boxes.

1. Port sub up

2. Port back sub up

3. Port to driver side sub up

If i can break a 143 on 1500rms with no testing and volt drop down to 12ish volts you can break a 150 on 5k with testing and electrical.

Fill that hatch door with expanding foam to. Adds weight and you get less flex.

Not saying it will be easy but with testing and work it can be done. You could even do 2 15s in a 6-7cu net box but batteries to support your amps get iffy on room real quick...

Maybe a single 18?

I cant fit a single 18. and I know for a fact I can get it to a 150. I know where I went wrong and what to do to change that. but I don't wanna recone my subs just

to get to the 50 and rip it all out again. also, you do have a zx3, I have a zx5. my back doors flex a lot so I loose pressure there too. I'm goanna flare the ports

on my current box though and see how that sounds. idk why I went with aero ports and never flared them. kinda dumb. but I know where I went wrong.

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

What kind of upgraded cones you going to do or you buying new subs?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

So a bit of an update on why my subs blew (another contributing factor lol).

so yesterday me and dangaranga went to dd-1 my system. we hook the dd-1 up (gains all the way down), turn the amps on (no music or tones playing), and boom,

clipping light on the dd1 comes on. we checked to make sure everything is hooked up right (it was). so we unstrapped them and tested them individually. no problems

at all. so as it turns out, the strapping circuit/plug is broke on one of the amps. keep in mind both of these amps are used. so no matter what the volume or gain was at,

the subs always saw a clipped signal.

so we hooked up an amp per sub and it was cleaner, no bottoming out, and voltage was way better. however it was quieter considering I went from .5 to 2 ohms.

still got it to meter a 144 though and that's with half blown subs.

so amps will be fixed/replaced soon and subs will be reconed (probably to 15's), and a c pillar will be built. but before any of that happens, I am going to put more

money into electrical so I can play the system for more than a minute lol.

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

What kind of upgraded cones you going to do or you buying new subs?

I plan on reconing the 12's to 15's with DD softparts. for sure aluminum coil and maybe extra stiff suspension

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

Archived