Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

What are all the ways EBP effects how to design a enclosure


RooTxBeeR

Recommended Posts

Posted

Does the rule of < 50 EBP is best for sealed, and > 50 is best for ported, effect anything else besides whether it's better for ported or sealed? Just curious if let's say you try to build a ported box, and you have a sub with a EBP of 55, and another of 105. Would them being so different make you change certain aspects of the ported design between the two. Given everything else is the same, in a perfect world of course. Just a little curious and thinking.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

True, >100 ported only, but still. Just think of the 105 as a 95 then instead.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

As far as your answer though, building one for two different subs at the different ends of the spectrum, I honestly don't know if there is anything you'd change design wise. I don't know who would be qualified to answer that question , but I would be interested as well

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

EBP is just a guideline similar to the 12-16 rule, bottom line see if the manufacturer specs for the box type you want, if they say no most likely is no.

The Image dynamics IDQ10" for example EBP=45 are specified for sealed, ported (1.2-1.5 cubes net) and 4th bandpass.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6287 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...