My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

I think this week end I will install the 5.25 focal speakers in the doors so I can hear them play. I found a place near by that is called TAP Plastics. They sell fiberglass matt and a bunch of other cool things. I want to get some HDPE to make speaker rings out of so I can space the focal out of the door just a little for protection. Also a fiberglass roller to get air bubbles out and cool stuff like that.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

All I can say is HOLY SHIT!!!

I cant even compare them to anything I have owned before. They sound freaking amazing. I installed just the 5.25 in my door and turned everything off. I went back and forth between the Focal and the CT sounds. The Focal is louder, clearer, cleaner and can handle more mid bass without distortion. I thought damn if they sound this good I need to install the tweeter. Holy shit it sounds amazing also. I had the wife sit in my truck as I went back and forth between the two and she said the Focal sound WAY better. I have to agree. Well I installed the passenger door and I am so happy that I purchased this set of speakers. I was thinking about ordering another set and try them in the kicks or make custom door panels but damn this one set sound so freaking good that I think this will do. The only thing I need to do now is make a spacer to bump them out of the door just a bit and the fact that the mounting hole is smaller on the Focal but the mounting holes line up.

I might not even install the 3" faital pros. I might install them in the wife's car to replace the stock dash speakers. So far the Focal set if giving me what I was looking for in sound. I will make a vid tomorrow when I have time. Its hard to describe how I feel but I have not been so satisfied with a purchase until now. Oh and the DC sub but the Focal wins. LOL 

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

wow...that's pretty persuasive...

I am glad you are finally happy, it's not for lack of trying either, you've gone through a lot of gear, a lot of positioning, a lot of tuning, and I have enjoyed reading every bit of it.  I have always been impressed by Focal's at car audio events so why i have never purchased my own is beyond me....but I think it's time.......so thanks!!!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

You also cant beat the price at Crutchfield for the PS 130v @ 249 shipped.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

How did you come to choose that component set from ALL the ones Focal offers?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

1 hour ago, Karkov said:

How did you come to choose that component set from ALL the ones Focal offers?

That's a good question but one that is hard to answer. I do a ton of research in the form of watching video to searching other forums to reading a lot of reviews. Everything I have read about this set was positive. They are not quite the top of the line but not the bottom either. Most of my decision is bang for the buck. I couldn't pull the trigger for the next level up because 599 for a component set is just too much. Then when I found them on Crutchfield for 200 bucks less than I found them anywhere else I couldn't pass it up. Its all really a crap shoot just because I don't have the option as most to listen before you buy. Even if I had a car audio place that carried the same set it wouldn't be the same in my truck as in their shop. That is one reason I have purchased so many different sets of speakers over the last few years. The only way to know is to buy and try. This is finally what I have looking for. I don't know if its the old saying you get what you pay for or just go with a quality brand but I am very happy with my purchase and don't regret it one bit. I would actually pay the 450 for this set and not be disappointed.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

wow thanks, yea I went to Focal's site to see everything they have and there's so many different series, and a letter change in the title of the set and it's different within a series so I was getting confused....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Glad you are liking they way the perform. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. I have always been happiest with the T3 6.5" comp set and sounds best in the wifes set up. I paid $340 on amazon years ago when they where at there cheapest. Damn good sounding speakers.

I like your plans with the Faital Pro's. That will help your wife's front stage sound a bit better with a nice driver to replace the stock one.

Look forward to seeing a video of the new speaker set up. Just imagine a Focal 3-way stage up front and amazing that would sound.

My wife left her phone at home when she left for work this morning so it gave me an excuse to go for a drive and take it to her.

The speakers sound amazing even with the eq flat and auto eq off. Just set the crossover points and your done. I put in a dash matt yesterday so I need to get it all Velcro to the dash. Then I will put the tweets on top of the matt on axis and call it good. I bought some plastic to make some speaker rings to bump the speakers out a bit and mount them better. I am going to get on that here in a few. I will take a vid after that.

On a side note this dumb ass is searching amplifiers. I like this.

https://www.zapco.com/z-150-6-lx

I need to do my taxes today and see if its possible. I need to get back at least 2500 bucks to be able to pull this off. Damn it Kevin WTF are you doing??? This is the voice in my head. The other one is saying " Do it DO it Do it"  LOL

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Well after another long day of working on my truck I am finally done. Whew.  What I did today was install the dash mat, remove the power and ground from the P300x2, remove all the extra speaker wire ( two runs from each side back to the amp), cut spacers for the Focal speakers to bump them out a bit, installed the tweeters in the a pillars using the pods that came with the set, cleaned up the wiring at the amp, installed the bass knob in my shifter cover.  I took off the Focal metal decal off the speaker grill and stealthed it into the door panel.

Sounds amazing still. lol I think its time to enjoy what I have accomplished and just have fun. Didn't make a vid yet. Tired and hungry right now. lol

Here are some pics.

For the spacers I bought a poly cutting board from Ace that was about 3/8". Cut them out and superglued them to the adapter. It worked great.

20170311_135240_zps0en6pwyu.jpg

20170311_135258_zpsmqysiotq.jpg

20170311_135309_zpswd1prtmz.jpg

20170311_160033_zpslhwe8rp1.jpg

20170311_160044_zpsalsqgeno.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived