My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

I was thinking of taking the RE's and running them off the 4 channel just to see what they sound like. They don't sound bad with the passive crossovers I would just like it louder. Only really using two channels right now.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Its a good looking lttle truck and your definately getting it loud. Running it active can you better EQing and get your comps a little louder. Rented a 2014 Mustang with the Shacker system and i have to say it was a pretty good sound for a high end stock system. Big fan of 8" mid drivers in the doors now. Hell i had to have 4 6.5" to get that response and still didnt have the lows. Hawaii was a blast!

Keep up the good work man.

I started laying out the port on my new box. I will be doing a kerf on the front and rear of the port. Its about 4 1/2" radius. You can see in the pics that I was playing with radius sizes and ended up with one I liked. So I did account for the radius front and rear to the length of the port. I did a search on this forum about the kerfs and found a thread about measuring from half the radius to get the correct port length. So hopefully all my math is correct. LOL

So the box is going to be H 18" W 48" D 17.5" tuned to 36.27 Hz

PAPC 16.95 in

PA 84.00 in

Net volume 4.96

20140218_164818_zpsutjze0js.jpg

20140218_164829_zpskenf6bwf.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Ok so the kerfing is harder than it looks so I bailed on that idea. It is in the back of a pick up anyway so its not like everyone can see it. So I took my time and made sure every cut was just about perfect. It went together well with no gaps at all. I just have it screwed as I need to blow it all apart and do some rounding over of the rear port and then I can get the port painted and put it together. I also need to cut holes for the subs. It is a double baffle so I am going to flush mount the sub with a nice round over.

20140219_154913_zps8sbsjrc0.jpg

20140219_161512_zpsf6zpzuhh.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I worked on the box today. I was able to get the rear port V cut and glued, cut the holes for subs, did a round over on the port and also on the front around the sub. I also did a round over on the rear of the port and on the ends. I got the baffle and port pieces screwed and glued and attached to the bottom. Had a little time to mix us a small batch of rage fill some screw holes. I will work on it more tomorrow when I can sand outside.

20140220_195140_zpslw2km2hi.jpg

20140220_195156_zpsetmx5pnw.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Just got a call from soundqubed. They have received my dual two ohm sub and then are shipping out today a dual 1ohm sub. So they charged a small restock fee and shipping which was only 35 bucks. Then with my shipping of 43 it's less than a recone kit.

I would assume it will take just over a week for shipping so that still gives me time to finish my box.

I am also going to put a piece of mdf on the back wall of my extended cab. I already have all the rear interior out so I will add a nice custom cut piece back there and attach it to the rear wall. I will round over the edges and either wrap it or paint it. Then that will be rattle free and a place to secure the box too.

I might put a piece across the bottom and up the sides also. Just will have to see how it works out.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Todays update on the box. I got quite a bit done. Lots of sanding and sanding and sanding. Ok here are some pics. It should be done by Sunday or Monday. Here are the pics at the end of today.

20140221_174536_zpsky0k2vig.jpg

20140221_174603_zpsldjatnky.jpg

20140221_174546_zpsn7bsnuwk.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Finished sanding this morning and put the box in primer. Ran out of primer so had to take a trip to the hardware store. I let that set up then started painting. Wouldn't you know it I ran out of that paint and fuel for my heater. Well since I'm all high from the paint I figured I would get paint and fuel tomorrow and get it painted. Then tape of and finish painting the port black. Can't wait till it's done. It has been a lot of work this time but the end product will be better than my first and second box. Pics tomorrow.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived