My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Yes it does. I have it set to max.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Well I am really bumbed right now. The 3000 was working fine for a couple of days and now its not. The last time I played it was last night when I shot the short vid. Then I went out to my truck this morning and heard a big pop then the smell. Fuck it went into protect and just wont work. I will pull the subs out when I get home to check the leads to make sure nothing is going on there. Fuck iam pissed.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I need to pull the amp and send it back again. I need to investigate a little more before I start to blame anyone. Just sucks though as I just got it back after not having bass for over a month. I mean it was working fine for two days with no hiccups and then bam first thing this morning I had the bass knob all the way down, volume maybe 10 cause its 4:30 am and all I hear is BAM, BAM as the subs slam and it hit the bass knob off. I will post back what I do or don't find.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I was running 1 ohm and I verified it again tonight. I took out both subs and checked the wiring. The only thing I could find that would maybe cause a problem was on the sub behind my seat the wire inside were close together. I have two aluminum bolts going through the box and the pos of one coil and the neg of the other going to the bolts. Then on the end of each wire is a copper lug. When I popped the sub out the two lugs were about 1/8" apart. They may have vibrated loose and touched?

If the speaker wires touch pos to neg can that burn up an amp? I think it would quickly go into protect and not burn up like it did on me.

I will be contacting CT Sounds again and they wanted me to take pics of my install so I did. I will have to see what they say about it.

IMO I think that was the only thing that could have caused the amp to quit working like it did. The subs didn't smell at all and looked very good. No burning on the coils at all and again no smell. Both coils on both subs read 1 ohm like they should and at the end of the speaker run to the amp it read 1 ohm. If the two wired touched or were touching then would it still read 1 ohm?

They were not touching when I pulled the sub but who knows. Its a mystery to me right now.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Alright just waiting on a reply from CT Sounds. I sent them a long email and some pics of my install that they requested. I told them if they send me another amp I will sell it. I asked for a refund instead but I doubt they will do that.

Anyway I said FUCK it and sold a .22 pistol I had to a buddy that I actually bought it from orig and he bought it back for the same price I paid which was 400 buck.

So I said FUCK it again and ordered a SQ 2200 amp to replace the CT Sounds 3000.

Its sad because my 1400 was an awesome amp and the 125.4 I have is flawless. Its just a shame they lost me as a customer.

Who knows I may Just nutthug SQ and sell my CT sounds 125.4 and get the SQ 120.4 Then I would be all SQ We will see.

Right now Iam just frustrated.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

The only thing I can possibly think of is maybe your electrical.. Idk how much that dc alt actually puts out (and at idle). And what's your battery situation again? (Just too lazy to page thru, my apologies). That's really the only thing I can think of to make you have an issue with 2 different amps like that. Although could just be 2 duds, who knows...

Really sorry for your situation.. Whatever the case may be.

Are you a stickler about running all the same equipment? I'd say keep the ct 4 channel. I really haven't seen anyone with issues with them, only positive things about the 125x4. I'm sure the SQ is no slouch but why bother/risk it... unless you really want to nuthugg lol.

Well CT Sounds is stepping it up again. They said that my install looked fine and they saw nothing wrong with it in the pics I sent. They suggested a battery for the back to run the amps but I never really got bad voltage drop so I am not sure if it is really needed.

Anyway they sent me a prepaid shipping return label for my amp and will ship the new one as soon as I drop off the burnt one and will ship that to me for free also. Last time I had to pay shipping for my amp to them. So that saves me the 50 bucks to ship it to them. I like that.

The amp will be for sale when it gets here. BNIB CT Sounds 3000

I think they have done a great job with customer service. I am just done with this amp though. I am sure the third one will be a charm but I will let someone else have that fun.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived