My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

th_892e561f-81c1-4f36-a17e-3878d3fc6888_

th_4df343f8-462f-4368-b5fb-338eb3b85fa2_

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

How much sun flash did you order? Curious as to how much each can yields when you do your doors.

Tuned for some sunflash/XXX sexy goodness :)

Just one can. I hope its enough to do both doors. If not can always order another.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Well got my buddies system all tuned and gains set. It sounds soooo much better. He has a RE audio SEX 10 running off a CT Sounds 1400.1 and a soundstream 4 channel running a pair of 6.5s and a pair of 6x9s. This is just a temporary system in his 72 Datsun truck but it sounds pretty good. He needs sound deadener real bad so I think that's the next thing he is going to do.

Then I took him for a ride in my truck to hear my system. He hasn't heard the new SQ 2200, SQ 120.4 and the double set of REs. He was impressed on how clean and loud it was. Also how much more bass it seemed to have over the CT sounds amp. Cant wait to get it metered in July. Still need to chase down some vibration noises. I know one is the rear slider window. I have talked about it before but just haven't replaced it yet. Just need to be smart how I spend my extra money. LOL

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Oh and my SMD meter with the D24 diode removed has worked. The meter works great. Also I turned the system up to 59 out of 62 were clipping is and the voltage only went from 14.0 to 13.4 so hardly any voltage drop. I must have pretty good electrical for the amount of Watts I have.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Ordered another 40 ft of soundqubed Q mat. I am going to do another layer on the roof and under the rear panels. Subs are hitting hard and causing flex noise.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Dude I been M.I.A. for a lil so gotta ask, How are you likin the SQ2200.1!?!? That was one I was looking at before I got my CT1400.1, So curious how it sounds! build is always gettin more kick ass I dig it!

Damn man you're puttin in a shit ton of work!

You know what roll pans mean...first stage to bagging it... :)

Bagging is too much though, a good static drop on some 20's would be sweet with that truck.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

So today I got off work early cause the job wasn't ready. I stopped at the wrecking yard today and picked up that rear glass. I then took it to the tint shop to have them tint it in 5%. Hell ya its going to be dark.

Then I stopped by the hardware store and bought some Aluminum L metal to make brackets to secure my box. I cut 4 9" pieced and drilled them with 6 holes each.

I have my box sitting on a piece of 3/4 MDF that is screwed down to my rear shelf. I lifted the box and placed a piece of MLV under the box. I then took the brackets I made and screwed them to the box on each side. I only have 2 1/2 " between the box and the sides of the truck so it made it fun getting it screwed down.

So now the box is secure. I was thinking that some of the sound that I was hearing could be the box jumping or moving. Its not going anywhere now.

Then on the way home I realized that on of my component sets in the pass door wasn't working. I was like fuck what now. Got home and started swapping speaker wires and found that channel 3 wasn't working. I was again like Fuck whyyyy... I called soundqubed and talked with them. They told me to get a RA number and send it in. Fuck

So I took out my seat and started taking out the amp. I pulled the RCAs and damn if one of them had the center plug stick in the amp. Yep it was channel # 3. So I plugged one of the other rca's into number three and it was working again. So it was just a bad rca connection. WHEW!!!! What happened was the RCA got caught in the spring under the seat and was pulling on it. DUH!!!

So its all good now and the drama is over... LOL

@ Dionysus The soundqubed amp is a beast...lol It sounds just as loud and just as good as the CT sounds 3000 and for about half the price. The 120.4 is also doing well. Love both amps.

@boom50cal Thanks man.. Not going to bag it. I would like to but its my work truck/ commuter. Its lowered 2 " in the rear with blocks and 2 " in the front with springs. For a daily work truck that's low enough. :)

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

So after work and dropping off my car pool guy I was able to slam the system. I can tell you that putting the MLV under the box along with bolting it down took away about 65% of the noise I was getting. The box must have been jumping and vibrating on the MDF under it. I really think after the second layer of Q mat on the roof and the solid back window it should sound quite a bit better.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Slammed the system a couple clicks down from full tilt for the 35 min drive home today. :) the subs sound much much better with the box being secured. Bass amp just got luke warm and subs you could just feel a little warmth from the cone but really not much at all. No smell from the subs even with soft clip. Now the 4 channel amp for the door speakers that's a different story. It was hot to the touch. Never shut off or went into protect though. :) I have read that's the nature of the A/B amp so I am not concerned about it.

Picked up my back glass from the tint shop. Looks nice :)

The rear glass gasket is on back order and is supposed to ship next Thursday. Q-mat will be here Wed so when I have everything I can do it all at once since I have to take out the sub box, rear side panels and head liner to get the back window out. Then I can get all the Q-mat installed.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived