My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

So now its time to start thinking about relocating the amp from under the pass seat into a box next to the sub. I have it drawn out in my little note book so all I really need is to pick what kind of wood to make it out of ?? I was thinking 1/2" birch or oak plywood ?? I want to stain it and not paint or carpet it.

In the mean time since I have quite a bit of 3/4 MDF left I can make a new single 6.5 front speaker mount ring set for the RE XXX 6.5

I need to also build a tweeter pod for the A pillar but that might be after the amp box.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Well listened to the 12" sub to and from work today. IDK maybe its the box, or the sub just needs more power but it just doesnt sound that much better.

So I took the box out and took out the 12" sub. I installed the 8" soundqubed sub into the box I build. Holy crap that is what this sub needed. It hits the lows

WAY BETTER than the prefab box I had it in. Ok so now it it staying like this. I will take out the box and wrap it in carpet after I fix the screwed on baffle.

20161031_140723_zpspj5xkmqo.jpg

20161031_140726_zpsxvd6nnh9.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

OMFG I hate selling things on CL but sometimes I have no choice. People are so flakey its ridiculous. Maybe its just stereo equipment that brings out the flakes. I would try to list the stuff on here but damn to ship a 12" subwoofer cost $ and it makes the deal no so good. Most people don't know what they are even looking at. Ok rant over.

I have been sick this last week so no work on the truck.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

OMFG I hate selling things on CL but sometimes I have no choice. People are so flakey its ridiculous. Maybe its just stereo equipment that brings out the flakes. I would try to list the stuff on here but damn to ship a 12" subwoofer cost $ and it makes the deal no so good. Most people don't know what they are even looking at. Ok rant over.

I have been sick this last week so no work on the truck.

Might just be the people in your area. I hate selling shit on CL too but never have a issue getting rid of items, especially audio equipment.

well I think I have someone interested in my 12" soundqubed sub. One guy that was supposed to show up this morning flaked but I kinda expected that. I have another guy that says he is coming this afternoon so we will see.

I also have a guy wanting my Soundqubed coax speakers and tweeters but as always not holding my breath.

I want to take some of the money and buy a 5x5 sheet of Baltic birch to build my final box for the soundqubed 8 inch sub. If the birch rocks I will get more to build my amp box out of and maybe even my front speaker rings. I don't want to do this again lol although its fun.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Well the sub and set of SQ 6.5s went bye bye with Frankie yesterday. As always anyone who buys from me gets a killer deal. I hope he lets me know when he gets it slamming.

So now I have some extra cash for some real Baltic Birch ply to build my next sub box, amp box and door panels. I cant wait to get my next build going to take my mind off of things.

On a personal note I quite smoking weed on Wed last week. I suffer from Anxiety disorder and take meds for it. I had a huge event a few years ago and started meds but I have had at least 4 panic attacks in the last couple years and it puts me out for at least a week. Just stupid shit gets it going and I cant stop it. I just had one last Sunday (not yesterday) and its been real crappy. Bad thoughts going though my mind and fuck if weed doesn't make it worse sometimes. So I made a life decision and went to the doctor and he upped my meds for me so I can get through this last attack and to help get off the weed. So far so good. I have a good friend of mine from work that came over today after work and I gave him everything weed related from bongs, pipes, weed, vaporizer, vape pen ect. I just had to get it all out of my house. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. Now the hard part is sticking with it.

Ok now back to life and stuff that makes me happy like riding my motorcycle, working on my stereo system, spending quality time with the family (not fucking high).

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Dude... thats a lot to deal with. I hope the meds help out. Sorry to hear it been a rough patch for ya. I quite everything for 7 yrs and recently started smoking weed again. Its relaxing and i can get creative. Motivation is a bit less but that comes with age as well. That and i am a planner and tend to map out everything before i build.

Tuned in for you build changes. Just finished some electrical upgrades on the Lancer and hope to build the A-pillars on the Malibu soon too. Always a ton of projects after a long hard construction season. And it doesn't help the Holidays are right around the corner.

Went to dunn lumber and picked up a 60x60 3/4" Baltic birch and a 60x60 1/2" Baltic birch. Looks real good. Not the Home Depot stuff this is the real Shi$.

Obviously the 3/4 is for the sub box and the 1/2 is for the amp box. Need to get busy.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived