My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Looking good brother.

Thank you sir...

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Doing some epoxy testing. I will check back on it tomorrow. Oh these are so I can make studs for my door panels. Should make a great way to secure the door panel to the door and make it tight and rattle free.

And yes when I install the carriage bolts I will drill a hole in the door panel and counter sink the Bolt and fill it with epoxy. Then a thin coat of bondo and it disappears.

20140709_205802_zpsfncheyel.jpg

20140709_205813_zpswwempbwd.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

looking good man!

Thanks I should be able to get a little done today after work. I would like to clamp the pass panel on and mark it were I need to router out for the dash. Then when I have the speakers out I can test fit to get the angle I want.

On a side note I am going to a comp on sunday. Going to enter just to see what it can do on th meter.

Should get at least a 130 on music.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

So I came home and was able to pull the bolt out of the gorilla epoxy. I will have to try again.

Right now I have JB weld working right now. We will see. Just has to be strong enough not to break free while twisting. I think having the carriage bolt square end on it will help hold it in place.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Damn this truck is loud. I have been driving 1 hour 20 min each way to work this last week and banging the whole way. LOL

It sounds awesome even with both windows down. I also got a best MPG ever in my little truck. I pulled in 33.3 MPG driving 75 miles each way to work. Love this truck..

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Damn this truck is loud. I have been driving 1 hour 20 min each way to work this last week and banging the whole way. LOLIt sounds awesome even with both windows down. I also got a best MPG ever in my little truck. I pulled in 33.3 MPG driving 75 miles each way to work. Love this truck..

Nice!! Economical and loud! Lol

For your mounting bolts, what about going from the front? Countersink the bolt heads, and then fill in with fiberglass and/or filler?

Granted I Fiberglassed sandwiched mine in, but I haven't had any issues with bolts coming free and spinning while tightening/loosening.

Also, I may be wrong but I think 130 is a conservative estimate for your setup.. Interested to see what it really does on the meter, but my guess is high 30s low 40s.

Keep up the good work, everything is coming together real nice my friend! :)

Damn this truck is loud. I have been driving 1 hour 20 min each way to work this last week and banging the whole way. LOLIt sounds awesome even with both windows down. I also got a best MPG ever in my little truck. I pulled in 33.3 MPG driving 75 miles each way to work. Love this truck..

Nice!! Economical and loud! Lol

For your mounting bolts, what about going from the front? Countersink the bolt heads, and then fill in with fiberglass and/or filler?

Granted I Fiberglassed sandwiched mine in, but I haven't had any issues with bolts coming free and spinning while tightening/loosening.

Also, I may be wrong but I think 130 is a conservative estimate for your setup.. Interested to see what it really does on the meter, but my guess is high 30s low 40s.

Keep up the good work, everything is coming together real nice my friend! :)

That is what I was going to do with the bolts. Drill them from the front and use JB weld and then bondo over that to hide it. I just wanted to see if it would hold this way first. Then I would know if it was strong enough.

Also the 130 is conservative so I wont be disappointed. IMO 130 is pretty damn loud so anything above that is just loud.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I did a test bolt with the way I am going to epoxy it on to the door panel. It is very strong with the gorilla glue. I even tightened it with my dewalt 18 volt drill motor. It did not spin at all. I do think I will buy shorter bolts for the actual install.

I have to work tomorrow so no work on the panels until next week. I have changed some plans with how I am going to finish the panels.

20140711_210935_zpspuibbshk.jpg

20140711_210949_zpseb8yhrph.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived